[HOSTING/DEFENDER] login issue

I have set up a masking login area on my multisite and as original superadmin when I try to log in I get message:

This features is disabled

On another chat one of the agents suggest creating a second superadmin account via mu plugin.

I still want to use my original superadmin.

When we clear object cache on your host side we were able to log in correctly. After logging out and logging in again (using same original superadmin) the issue is back.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Edoardo

I hope you’re well today!

I read the chat and tried to login to the site using that specific super-admin account that you reported. I was able to login and logout back and forth multiple times in a row without any issues at all – no “feature disabled” message, no any redirects and other errors.

I was testing that with latest Chrome on Windows 10 but I understand you have tried multiple browsers, right? Is there anything specific – any action that I should take – that I missed from the chat that I should try to actually trigger/experience the issue on site?

Or does it “just happen” and I should simply keep trying to login/logout more time until this happens?

I’m asking about this in order to make sure that I’m not missing anything and it can actually also help to “narrow down” options a bit.

Let me know, please.

Best regards,

Adam

• Edoardo
    • Flash Drive

Adam Czajczyk the problem occurs after several hours I work on elementor and I have several tabs open moving between wordpress settings, updates etc .. I get thrown out. then when I try to enter again, the message appears and I can no longer navigate. however, the problem does not always arise.

the only thing I can try to do is log in with another super admin and force the other account to log out.

but it does not always resolve immediately.

I tried from different browsers and even your support tried to enter with my data and gave everyone the same problem.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Edoardo

Thank you for this information. I admit it gets even more “weird” to me but I passed that info to our developers in additional to what Predrag already told them – hopefully they’ll be able to throw some ideas at us soon on what’s happening.

We’ll keep you updated here as soon as we get to know more from them.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Edoardo
    • Flash Drive

Adam Czajczyk Predrag Dubajic I think I understand what can trigger the problem.

it is something related to domain mapping.

when I enter vinninet.wpmudev.host, and then change to the sub sites where there is a mapped address, it asks me to log in again and again for all the sub domain mapped, I do. only then after a while it throws me out of everything. and trying to access gives me the problem.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

Does it happen when you type in the address after being on vinninet.wpmudev.host or when you access it from the admin toolbar, or both?

I’m asking this because I’m not completely sure that I understand what you explained above, could you perhaps provide us with exact steps that you’re doing?

I tried switching from network to subsite (with mapped domain) and it asked me for login but only once and it seemed ok for me.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Edoardo
      • Flash Drive

Predrag Dubajic then I log into the vinninet master site.

after that it happens that I move to sub sites that have a mapped domain.

it happens that clicking on it brings me to the site but I can’t enter the dashboard. so I have to log in from the sub site.

and the login working but I must and I am forced to log in all the subsites

after a while, I don’t know why, it happens that working on multiple tabs and on several mapped domains, I get expelled.

and the system asks me to re-login from every tab where I’m working. but even just logging in once, then that error appears and I can no longer use the account to enter the dashboard.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Edoardo,

Apologies for the long delay here, we were a bit short staffed last couple of days and we’re working hard to bring everything back to normal.

Our developers have been updated with the further information from the chat and they will check this out further and hopefully it will help finding out the cause or at least help them replicate the issue so it can be dug into further.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Edoardo !

After checking thoroughly plugin parts that handle user blocking and talking to plugin’s main dev it doesn’t seem to be related to Defender logging user out. I also tried several times to replicate this on my site trying editing with the same page builder. Also tried by logging in same site with same user from different IP’s but I couldn’t replicate either.

Perhaps keeping a log with user ids and times and current requests and cookies might give a clue. If you agree you can add the following snippet in a mu-plugin :

add_action( 'clear_auth_cookie', function(){

$time = date( 'd-M-Y H:i:s' );
    $user_id = get_current_user_id();
    $message = "[ {$time} ] nUser ID {$user_id} Logged out n";

if ( isset( $_REQUEST['action'] ) ) {
    $message .= "Action param : " . $_REQUEST['action'] . "n";
    if ( 'logout' == $_REQUEST['action'] ) {
    $message .= "Seems user Manually logged out n";
    }
    }

$message .= "n";

$message .= "REQUEST : " . print_r( $_REQUEST, true ) . "n";

$message .= "COOKIES : " . print_r( $_COOKIE, true ) . "n";

$message .= "nn";

error_log(
    $message,
    WP_CONTENT_DIR . "/mu-plugins/user-logout-" . date( 'd-m-Y' ) . ".log"
    );

} );

This should create a new log file in the mu-plugins folder every day when a user is logged out. Not sure if the info we get from there would help much but I think it’s worth the try.

If you are not familiar with mu-plugins you can read more about them here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

If you prefer you can create an ftp account and share info so we can add this mu-plugin for you. You can send ftp info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: “Attn: Panos Lyrakis”

– FTP credentials

host

username

password

(and port if required)

– link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

• Edoardo
      • Flash Drive

I don’t know if it can be useful but, I understood how to go around the problem.

when it shows up, I have to log in with another super admin, disconnect my user from all devices and update the user.

then I have to delete the site’s cookies from where they were hit off.

and puff I can finally relogin.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.