Hostong subdomains and another wordpress blogs

Hi Amazing Developers
I just want to make sure, is it OK to host another website, like my friend on my server, and adding him in My Sites so he can enjoy the amazing plugins?
and what is the limit?
thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Zaid,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

That's fine :slight_smile: there is no limit to the amount of sites you can use our plugins/themes on. What we don't allow is sharing accounts - so giving him access to your WPMU DEV account would of course break the terms and conditions of your membership as I'm sure is understandable.

The only other limits involved with your account is with the plugins that use our API: Anti-Splog, Integrated tutorial videos, and our WPMU DEV Dashboard. Anti-splog can have up to 10 sites, tutorial videos up to 20, and since you're a full member you can have up to 1000 sites registered through our dashboard for automatic updates :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

• c0d3r

Thanks, I just don't want to break any rules, I know WPMU DEV is MINE, and they are interested in other plugins as far for videos I will set a subdomain for that, another thing, I'm in shared webhosting and I'm moving my stuff to my server, should I notify anyone about it? I know since it the same username and password here it won't matter, but it happened to me before with other site

Thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Cod3r,

You don't need to notify anyone on our side if you're moving servers or anything - that should be fine :slight_smile:

However, if you're also changing domains at all then you will need to re-login to the WPMU DEV Dashboard. When you login to our dashboard through your site, it automatically adds that domain to your account so it's validated and you can use our API with it. You can see your valid domains here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=wdpun

So make sure that if you do switch domains then you log out of the dashboard via:

WPMU DEV > Manage > Click "edit" link beside your API key. This will prompt you to login to your account again.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.