How about Wordpress Mutlisite A to Z solution?

Hi guys, as you might already know, I am building a wordpress multisite, it is going to take some time to finish all the required Network backend pieces together such the main Network plugins.

I am a Server and Network Engineer, but frankly, I can work on the back end for such wordpress Network up to certain level, meaning, when it comes to designing, CSS, php, and so on, I don't know anything about that. After configuring the backend plugins of security, performance, Pro sites, this and that, settings, and you name it, my main site needs a professional and nice looking design to attract people for sign up such showing the plans, features, and why our solutions are good to choose.

Inspired by this link: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/web-hosting-design-business-wordpress-multisite/ My aim is to target people through an idea that provides both: Managed Wordpress Hosting and Unmanaged Regular Wordpress Hosting, meaning, the customer can sign up for Managed Wordpress through our Wordpress Network, or sign up for Unmanaged wordpress through a regular Hosting especially for Wordpress. Oh! by the way, I need you advice regarding a Reseller Hosting Plans or providers and How can we integrate all this to seamless for the user at the sign up page.

Eventually in the future we want to provide customers with fully managed option package as well (Either for Managed Wordpress through the Network option or Unmanaged Wordpress through the regular Hosting option), meaning, a business package that will include the design and the maintenance all together for one flat fee, so the customer won’t deal with any setup or design either at the Network Wordpress or on the Regular Hosted Wordpress if they want to.

I want to check how can you help me with the design, especially when it come to little details or the last touches such modifying the Main website theme Style, custom CSS, the sign up page, Pro site plans list style, and so on till the website ready from all aspects before the lunching date? I am amazed by your service plugins and I know that you are providing powerful backend plugins or service, but what about brining all these pieces together to represent in the end a complete solution. I really want to plan this ahead of time and start some where.

Your time and help will be highly appreciated; I look forward for your response at your earliest convenience.

Have a wonderful Day!

Imad Daou

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Imad,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

We can certainly assist with small css tweaks etc, but full stage designing etc and custom implementation would require the use of a developer and designer :slight_smile:

On the solution with hosting, I'd say this really depends on what sort of budget you have for hosting, what is your target price to sell the hosting at etc?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Imad

Thank you Jack for your quick response, I f you know a trust worthy person or company to take care of my main website design and the custom work I might need, please send me the information.

Regarding the reseller hosting account, it will include a developer to help the customers, so the monthly fee would be around $35/M or without a developer $14/M.

I was reading about the domain mapping plugin, it shows that I have to sign up for enom account and so on, during my research I passed by this link http://www.inmotionhosting.com/reseller-hosting and it seems very promising, it would be great to keep this in my mind for future usage, Okay, with all this in mind and through your experience, what are the possibilities of having both worlds provided at the same time for customer to pick and choose while they are signing up for either Managed Wordpress through our Network or a Regular Hosting Wordpress through a Hosting reseller account? It will be great to have the customer sign up, register, or transfer a domain at the sign up stage as well, provide the customer with Managed and Unmanaged Wordpress at the sign-up and what are the difference, a compare list of both services. Just brain storming :slight_smile:

Thank you Jack,

Imad

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Imad,

Thanks for the additional information, while we don't recommend certain companies or people currently, you could post a job on the WPMU DEV job board here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ :slight_smile:

Regarding the reseller hosting account, it will include a developer to help the customers, so the monthly fee would be around $35/M or without a developer $14/M.

Interesting, this isn't a multisite network, correct? For this part, so each user would get their own WordPress site where they can upload plugins/themes etc, personally at those sort of prices, I think decent hosting would be hard to come by at that.

You could get a reseller account day for $50 off my hosts, but these are generally poor in resources and aren't suitable for high powered sites, or even medium powered sites if this makes sense?

So you may be a better with a higher price, but better hosting :slight_smile:

Your best way to mix both would be to use something like WHMCS and our MU provisioning plugin along with WHMCS WP integration, they could then sign up for account connected to your WHMCS install or a Multisite :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Imad

Thank you Jack for your response. I was reading this thread https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/integrating-whmcs-mu-provisioning-with-my-reseller-hosting-account

Do you recommend Host Gator then? which Reseller Hosting you have good experience with? You should have affiliate links so you can make commission from users like me :slight_smile:

I want to pick as per your guidance.

Thanks,

Imad

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Imad,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

I would personally never recommend HostGator myself, just searching for HostGator will find many results :slight_smile:

I used to use Heart Internet reseller hosting and found it quite good, but like I said I'm not a massive fan of any reselling hosting :slight_smile: Though they're not bad, for specialized hosting, where speed and uptime is the number 1 issue, some prove to be less than reliable.

Now I use DigitalOcean myself.

If we used Affiliate links, you couldn't trust our opinion :slight_smile: We never use Affiliate links :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Imad

Man! I just checked digital Ocean and it looks really cool, they are beside me, I sent them an email, do you believe they can provide me with all the components I need to run my idea of Dual wordpress Hosting option?

If you still remember, I want to provide the customer at the sign up with domain register or transfer, besides signing up for a Managed Wordpress using our Network, or pick a regular Hosting account to install wordpress through installer.

Not sure if it's possible with digital ocean, they are virtual machine providers though, and not sure if they are going to provide me with needed components such inmotion reseller hosting does http://www.inmotionhosting.com/reseller-hosting

inmotion will provide me with WHMOS, cPanel, and enom in order to integrate those in wordpress. Do you have something similar at digital ocean? or do you believe they would provide me with all the components needed for the project?

Thank you Jack, your help and time are highly appreciated.

Imad

• Imad

I am sorry jack, I forgot to mention that I checked heart Hosting reseller account as well, and it looks awesome! They are away better than inmotion.

Which one you believe will suite the project requirements?

Heart Hosting Reseller Account

or

Digital Ocean Cloud droplet VM

I know that Digital Ocean has unbeatable Cloud service, I was so amazed really with their offers. But the question is: Will they provide me with all the components needed?

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Imad,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your questions.

Digital Ocean wouldn't provide you with the required components, though they provide a great API that you could make use of to automate the process, though going with Digital Ocean would really require mid level experience of server administration and good development and command line knowledge.

Saying this, if you wouldn't mind a more manual process, it's more easily doable.

In this case I'd say Heart Internet + WHMCS would be more suitable for your specific requirements.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.