How accessible is CoursePress with drip feeding content or having live streaming?

Hi,
I'm really like to use Course Press for our program needs but I have a few questions.

Is it possible to add a lesson to a course that is already started?

Reason being we are developing the course as we are going along, testing it in action so we want to be able to add units after we've launched it.

Another thing we are looking for is to be able to collect all the answers to our course in one place for the instructors to see and we were hoping for the students to as well, hopefully additionally to going back through the course.

Also can we send register users a link to the course specific course page? We are intending to have live streaming as a part of our course and want it as easy as possible to get to the page. For example can we send a link to unit 2, given that they have completed previous units, so they can access straight. We don't want them to go through the course again to get there.

Thank you
Adam

Michael Bissett

Hey @Adam Wallis, hope you're doing well today!

Is it possible to add a lesson to a course that is already started?

Yep.

Another thing we are looking for is to be able to collect all the answers to our course in one place for the instructors to see and we were hoping for the students to as well, hopefully additionally to going back through the course.

Presently, the Instructors can view the answers to a course inside of:

CoursePress Pro -> Assessment

While the Students can check out their responses by going to the "Workbook" page inside of a course (you'll need to make sure that "Show student Workbook" is checked for a course, inside of "Step 5 - Classes, Discussion & Workbook")

Also can we send register users a link to the course specific course page? We are intending to have live streaming as a part of our course and want it as easy as possible to get to the page. For example can we send a link to unit 2, given that they have completed previous units, so they can access straight. We don't want them to go through the course again to get there.

Yes, you can send them a direct link to the Unit page.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Adam Wallis

Thank you Michael you are a star.

I have another question regarding viewing work. A little background to what we are doing, our courses are such that instructors (we call introducers) introduce students personally to the course and they are responsible for them, checking their work and corresponding with them. So my question is, can we in the Assessment page somehow add a field so we can filter the student by instructors? Or do you know any other way to achieve this if possible?

We instead have a very high number of student on our initial courses so filter would be a massive benefit.

Many thanks
    Anthony

Michael Bissett

Hey @Adam Wallis, my apologies for the delay here!

...can we in the Assessment page somehow add a field so we can filter the student by instructors?

It may be possible (though the "how" is more than what I could advise on here), but it would be something that I would want to hire a developer for:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I've played around with reports but I really need to be able to download their answers in one place.

You should be able to do that from the Reports page, as all of the answers for each course can be downloaded for each student there. Perhaps there's something more to the request that I'm not quite following?

Kind Regards,
    Michael