How allow users to edit profile on q&a plugin

I have the Q&A answer plugin installed but when users ask or reply to a question and sign up they get an automatated password and the question or answer is displayed as it should. The issue is when they click on "edit my profile" they get the error message "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page". I think its something to do with the setting in questions/setting but cannot get it to allow them to change there profile. Any ideas what boxes need to be ticked as yes under Assign Capabilities

Thank you in advanced

• Michael Bissett

Hey @John, hope you're doing well today. :slight_smile:

This doesn't sound like something that Q&A should be blocking, are you using any membership plugins on your site?

Could you enable Support Access for me, so I could have a closer look at this?

You can grant support access inside your site's Dashboard by going to WPMU DEV -> Support, clicking on the Support Access tab, and then clicking on "Grant Access".

Thanks!

Regards,
    Michael

• John

Hi Michael I managed to solve the problem now, the main wordpress setting I assigned the main user as subscriber and gave them more access that the q&a visitor in the q&a setting. Just for one more question if that's ok.

Why does the plugin advise not to allow q&a visitor the option to add media to the question.

With this option unticked for q&a visitors the first question a user posts cannot include a picture until they have asked a question and signed up for an account and been assigned as a subscriber on the site.

Regards John

• Michael Bissett

Hey @John, glad to hear you've got things working now. :slight_smile:

Why does the plugin advise not to allow q&a visitor the option to add media to the question.

With this option unticked for q&a visitors the first question a user posts cannot include a picture until they have asked a question and signed up for an account and been assigned as a subscriber on the site.

It's not recommended because then any site visitor could upload media, which means that the disk space for your website could be used up very quickly by someone that wanted to upload a bunch of junk.

It's preferable to use this for those registered on the site, that way you can moderate the flow of content.

Were you needing anything else, or are we all good here? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.