how are you? I have

Hi, how are you?

I have installed domain mapping and multi domains plugins in a multisite. I have setup domainP.com as the primary domain. I want another parked domain to be a subsite domainS.com of this multisite network but I also wish to have this domain domainS.com show the content as well as its own URL, that is domainS.com in the address bar of the browser. That is, if I type in domainS.com in the address bar it will also show this URL and not be redirected to the domainP.com. There is no domain mapping under Tools in the domainP.com admin menu.

I am also using the multi domain for other subsites to choose the "primary domain" of their subsite.

I can create another "site" for domainS.com or I don't mind if it also acts like a primary domain (or both). I hope this question is clear and not too basic or silly. :slight_smile: Thanking you for your kind support. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
James

• Rupok

Hi James,

I've just tested the whole thing in my test environment and I'm afraid, you can't map additional domain to your network main site. That's why there is no domain mapping under Tools in the "domainP.com" admin menu. If you have any subsite, e.g. "sub.domainP.com", go to Dashboard of "sub.domainP.com" and there you will see Domain Mapping options under Tools menu. And you can map "domainS.com" to that sub site.

I also wish to have this domain domainS.com show the content as well as its own URL, that is domainS.com in the address bar of the browser. That is, if I type in domainS.com in the address bar it will also show this URL and not be redirected to the domainP.com

I'm afraid, this is also not possible out of the box with Multi Domain plugin. With Multi Domain, you can create subdomains under "domainS.com", e.g. "sub.domainS.com", but I don't think it's natively possible to mask "domainP.com" with "domainS.com" totally where all content should be shown from "domainP.com" but in browser, the URL should be shown as "domainS.com".

I've also searched in the Internet to find a solution regarding how you can mask your mainsite URL (domainP.com) with another domain (domainS.com) but I could not find any valid reference. I know it can be done somehow by tweaking .htaccess or database, but I'm not sure how this can be done.

Do you want me to move this thread to our Members' Forum? You can discuss this our thousands of other members and I believe, they might be able to provide you some real-life ideas and share their experience regarding this type of thing. Please confirm if you want me to move this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.