How best to setup advertising inc revenue share on multi nerwork?

Hi, i am in the process if setting up a multi blog for niche activity and would like to know how best to setup advertising on the users blogs anc control panel

I will have 4 member levels

free
ad free
plus
premium

I would like to offer ad revenue sharing, though not sure if this should be for all users or just plus and premium?

What plugins would be required?

Anything special i will need to do to configure it?

thanks

• carpconnect
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, yes i have seen that plugin, it looks good though options are limited.

It seems you can only set the percentage for all users, what if i want to set different percentage per membership level?

Also how would this work for membership levels where i want to give the user the option to remove ads?

will the revenue sharing plugin work with the Who sees ads plugin?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @carpconnect,

It seems you can only set the percentage for all users, what if i want to set different percentage per membership level?

I'm afraid that you can't have each level have a different percentage.

Also how would this work for membership levels where i want to give the user the option to remove ads?

Pro-sites gives you the option to enable or disable plugins based on the user's level. So you can have is set-up like this:

• Free users are shown ads without a choice to remove them (using ads from within the pro-sites plugin)
    • On the ad-free level, you simply deactivate the pro-sites ads.
    • On the Premium levels, you enable the ad-sharing plugin and users can setup their own ads</li

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• carpconnect

This seems to be workable, except for one thing!

The inability for premium levels to turn ads off?

There maybe some users that don't want to have adverts on site/blog even if it is with revenue sharing, and as they have paid for premium account which should have this option this solution will not work.

Unless i am missing something?

Thanks

• carpconnect

Thanks for reply, ok in theory this will work, but can't seem to find what setting to change?

Will this require some custom editing?

1,Free users are shown ads without a choice to remove them (using ads from within the pro-sites plugin)

2. On the ad-free level, you simply deactivate the pro-sites ads.

3. On the Premium levels, you enable the ad-sharing plugin and users can setup their own ads

3 looks to be easy to setup as just set this plugin for premium level with it not set to auto enable.

For rest i am not sure, here what i would like.

Free user has permanent ads using pro site ads feature

For ad free and premium levels the pro site ads are turned off by default, but not sure how to achieve this?

Looking at the pro sites ad setting it is not clear how to do this?

I have set the ad free level setting to ad free level, and set additional ad free sites setting to

ad free
    premium 1
    premium 2

is this correct?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Will this require some custom editing?

No, you shouldn't have to edit any code to get the functionality you're after.

Free user has permanent ads using pro site ads feature

Correct

For ad free and premium levels the pro site ads are turned off by default, but not sure how to achieve this?

In the "Add Free Level" setting, select the minimum level that the "ad free" level. All levels above that will not have the pro-sites ads. No need to do anything more.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.