How best to use Protected Content or Membership plugins

I am looking for some advice on how best to use your products. I would like to create a membership type program for my site. I will be publishing fresh content every month with video content being my primary content. I hope to post 2-3 videos per month for my members. The videos will be seasonal and so my thought was that each members 1 year membership would start on the day they start.

Here is the tricky part. If I start my program in May I will be posting two videos each month. Then if someone joins in August, my hope is that they would not see my previous videos but would just start in August with my fresh videos. They would get a full year of content because they would get the fresh videos for May June and July at the end of the subscription year. Does this make sense? Is there an easy way to achieve this?

Also I saw that there is Mailchimp integration. Does that mean there is an easy way to email people with each new posting of membership content???

Last question. My initial thought was to set up the videos in CoursePress as courses. And then allow my members to have access to the courses. I would then list the courses as ala carte offerings on my website as well. So people could pay for and view individual videos or purchase a membership and view all the videos at a discounted rate. Do you think this is the best way to do that or is there a better alternative for video content? Will it be easily possible to integrate my course in CoursePress into my membership program?

Thanks for your help... Just trying to wrap my head around how best to use these tools! It is a bit tricky to figure out!

All the best,
Tony

• Ivan

Hey there Tony,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

You can achieve this type of dripped content protection using Protected Content plugin.

You will need to install Protected Content on your site.

Then go to WP Admin -> Protected Content -> Memberships
    and create a new Dripped content membership.

After that you will need to select the checkbox "Reveal Dripped Content 'X' days from user registration"
    Choose the content you would like to protect, select "Remove access" from the dropdown, and time after you will like the content be removed. In your case - 1 year.

Also I saw that there is Mailchimp integration. Does that mean there is an easy way to email people with each new posting of membership content???

Yes - the integration is under add-ons tab on protected content - you will need to enable it, and then provide your MailChimp API key in the settings.
    As for the sending of emails - you will need to use MailChimp manually as this integration will just add your members to a MailChimp list

Last question. My initial thought was to set up the videos in CoursePress as courses.

You could use the MarketPress integration in CoursePress Pro, but this way you will need to add your videos twice - once as product in MarketPress and once as protected content.
    Otherwise your members will still need to pay for this courses.
    I am afraid there is no easy solution for this case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Ivan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.