How can a Pro Sites user update their PayPal account?

Hello, if a user wishes to use a different PayPal account than the one used for their current ProSite account, how can this be achieved? I have 2 users which accounts expire soon and they would like to re-subscribe via a different PayPal account.

I tried to cancel the account and re-subscribe to the same account (same sub-domain) but the error pops up "Sorry, that site already exists!".

Thanks.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello webdevcanada,

Are those Subscriptions recurring and payment goes automatically from PayPal monthly? If yes they should cancel they payments in PayPal and after expiration go to the their accounts and make new subscriptions.
    If they do payments month after month, after expiration they should be able to make new payment from different PayPal account.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• webdevcanada
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Kasia, thank you for your response.

Yes these are yearly recurring payments. If they cancel their subscription in PayPal will ProSites update itself? Reason I ask is, I did a test and when I cancel a ProSite, I am no longer able to re-subscribe the same account because I receive a "Sorry, that site already exists!" error.

Thank you.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello webdevcanada ,

If they cancel their subscription in PayPal will ProSites update itself?

Yes, this is how the recurring payments works. When they cancel their subscription it means, that when the time comes to renew, no money will be pulled from their paypal account. So the subscription will end. But their accounts in the Pro Sites will be still valid, and when they will want to use the Pro features if their subsites they will be ask to buy new subscription - they will again see the pricing table and PayPal button.

Reason I ask is, I did a test and when I cancel a ProSite, I am no longer able to re-subscribe the same account because I receive a "Sorry, that site already exists!" error.

Are you doing this as a logged in admin of this subsite or as super admin?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello webdevcanada,

How did you cancel subscription? I've checked this on my lab site in two ways:
    1) I removed Pro status of the site as the Super Admin
    2) I cancelled as admin of the subsite from pro sites page

and in both cases, as admin of the subsite I was redirected to the price table and I was able to choose again plan for my site and change the gateways (I was previously using the stripe) to PayPal, so it will be possible to make a new payment with new PayPal account.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.