How can a service appointment take up "X" # of capacity spots?

Is there a way to give a service something like an item count? So that a service appointment could take up "X" number of capacity spots?

My scenario is Hot Air balloon rides, and I've been wracking my brain over how to get this to work within Appointments+ for 4 days now. I think it's time I ask for some specific advice from the people who know this plugin best.

The details are;

Shared Rides can be reserved in increments of 1-4 passenger spots, in any combination up to 4 (a full basket). Shared rides are listed as 4 different services; 1 passenger, 2 passengers, etc. This is so that each can have it's individual price, but also in the hopes that each could take up the appropriate number of passenger spots (capacity).

Exclusive Rides can be reserved in increments of 1-3 passenger spots, and have the same considerations regarding varied pricing but each exclusive ride should take up 4 passenger spots/capacity because they are exclusive rides & require the whole basket.

How can this be done? Am I going about it the wrong way?

I appreciate any insights you can offer. Max points for a solution! :slight_smile:

• Nastia

Hello Rick

I hope you are doing well today!

You can change the appointment capacity from Appointments+ > Settings > Services
    Please see the image below:

Although, it is not possible to book an appointment for 4 people at once. A workaround here is to integrate the MarketPress plugin and allow to users add several appointments to a cart.

In case you haven't integrated the plugin with the MarketPress yet, here are the steps you need to follow
    - Install and activate the MarketPress Plugin
    - Go to Appointments > Settings > General > Payments and check the option "Integrate with MarketPress"

- Navigate to Appointments+ > Settings > Add-ons and enable the "Appointments in product cart" add-on

At this time, there is a bug in the current Appointments+ version that doesn't change the capacity. So for now, a solution here is to create 4 service providers so users could book/buy the appointments 4 times.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Rick

Hi Nastia,

Regarding "integrate the MarketPress plugin and allow to users add several appointments to a cart";

Could you please post a screenshot of what the front end for this would look like?

I'm wondering how cumbersome (or not) this workaround might be to customers.

Also, which (most recent) previous version of Appt+ did not have the capacity bug?

Is there any estimate on when that bug might be fixed?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

• Nastia

Hello Rick

I hope you are doing well!

I have created a screencast with an appointment order/booking process here:

Booking a single appointment:
    https://monosnap.com/file/s0a1wOrYyavEmJHhVWbPbeU6ETdQXi

To book multiple appointment the user need to refresh the page. Here's how this is going to look like:
    https://monosnap.com/file/LPTaD8ykRNb4v21Dg7ZPFS6A1eoA3U

The current setup is set on manual payment. But you can use anther payment gateways that the MarketPress plugin is offering: Stripe, 2Checkout, Authorize.net and more.

Also, which (most recent) previous version of Appt+ did not have the capacity bug?

The capacity is working in appointments version 1.8, however, we do not recommend to use an outdated plugin. It will be best to use the current version of the plugin and once the hot fix will be out, I can post it right here.

Is there any estimate on when that bug might be fixed?

This bug will be fixed in the next updates of the plugin, unfortunately we can't provide an ETA, to avoid disappointment if the deadline is missed.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.