How can a student search for a course ?

How can a student search for a specific course ? imagine a site with hundreds of courses and a student want to make a search...
The pre-formated page where courses appear do not have a search box. In fact, i can not find a way to search for a course.

Thanks for help

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Emídio,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked this in my system, and adding the default WordPress search widget seems to work fine. I was able to search for courses with the default search widget. However, by default /courses page doesn't have a sidebar to add widgets. You'll have to override the /courses page template, by creating a archive-course.php in your themes folder, so that the template would consist of a sidebar.

You can then base the template structure for archive-course.php according to your themes page structure which has a sidebar. So that you can add the search widgets just like in your blog page:

Would highly recommend that you make changes like this to a theme using a Child theme, so that it won't be overwritten when you update your theme.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.