HOW can I access my

HOW can I access my wp-content folder if I have my site hosted on Amazon? When I FTP, I do NOT see it. I just see generic setup files, NOT my content folders, pages, themes, etc. Thank you

• Rupok

Hi Avinoam,

Thanks for asking. Actually, it depends on how your FTP account is configured. If your FTP account is set in such a way that the web root directory or above level will be shown, then you should be able to access the "wp-content" folder on your server. But if it takes you to another location, then we need to find out where is the web root directory. To find your web root path, can you please login to your WordPress Dashboard and then go to "WPMU DEV > Support > System Info [Button on top] > WordPress [Tab]" section. There you will see the path beside this option "WP_CONTENT_DIR". Please copy that full path and paste here. That will facilitate the troubleshooting process.

I could tell you better about this if I could log in with your FTP credentials and could see what files are being shown there. Can you send me a message with access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - FTP Username
    - FTP Password
    - FTP Host
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

The subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Avinoam

I cannot login to my wordpress dashboard. I used to do everything there until I changed themes to a child theme that was corrupt. Now I cannot do anything nor can I access my wp-content folder. I don't know where my files are. Not sure at all. I bought a domain on amazon, it points to my wordpress site which is hosted who knows where. So confused now, between wordpress, amazon, bitnami, multiple DNS / IP / Passwords / FTP options......totally stuck. Using Windows 10

• Rupok

Hi Avi,

Thanks for sending the email. I got it. In your email, you said:
    I have successfully FTPed into Amazon but I am not sure WHERE THE wp-content folder is
    I'm afraid, I could not find the FTP login credentials in your email with which you accessed your site. So I couldn't access your server and check what files/folders are showing there when connected through FTP.

I found lots of credentials there, but not sure which IP should I use as FTP host, and which username/password should I use for FTP credentials.

Can you please reply to that email providing the FTP Host, FTP Username and FTP Password so we can investigate this further?

We will jump in as soon as you confirm. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.