How can I add a free level to Pro Sites?

I have 3 levels set up with Pro Sites and I would like one of them to be free ongoing. to cater for this i have created a level with no charge but the problem is users still need to go through paypal to activate it. how can i add a free level that requires no payment and automatic subscription?

thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ghog, hope you're doing well today. :slight_smile:

Actually, there's a free level already built into Pro Sites (it's why people are able to sign up for a site for free), so you should only have to create two premium levels for what you're wanting.

Hope that helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance here!

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ghog, hope you're doing well today, and thanks for your patience here!

I see that @Jason stepped in here, was he able to get things sorted out for you, or are you still needing help?

If you are still needing help, I should note that the support access you granted previously has expired. Could you instead send in WP admin details, along with a link to this thread, to contact(at)wpmudev.org (with the subject line Attn: Michael Bissett)?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ghog,

Thanks for sending those details over! :slight_smile:

I see what the problem is now. You've got the "Pay to Blog" module turned on, which requires users to making some sort of payment in order to blog on their site.

Unless you disable that module, the only other thing you could really do would be to have only paid plans for users (otherwise, you'd be sending users to PayPal to make a free "payment" in order to have a free plan).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please!

Regards,
    Michael

• ghog
    • The Incredible Code Injector

ok i may need some more assistance with this please. I removed the module as suggested. Then I went to a subsite to manage the subscription level and removed Pro status. When I refreshed the subsite home page i could see the free option displayed and so i selected it.
    Based on that I would now expect the subsite to be assigned the free level however under account information it is still a pro account.
    I also cannot see anyway of assigning any upload quota to free accounts so i am a bit confused atm.

thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ghog,

Then I went to a subsite to manage the subscription level and removed Pro status. When I refreshed the subsite home page i could see the free option displayed and so i selected it.

Based on that I would now expect the subsite to be assigned the free level however under account information it is still a pro account.

If you mean that it's showing that it's still a Pro account from the user's perspective, it does take a bit (about 3 hours, as discovered in earlier testing) for the changes to fully apply. It should be a free account in due time.

I also cannot see anyway of assigning any upload quota to free accounts so i am a bit confused atm.

You do have the "Upload Quota" module enabled, correct?

If you enable that, and go to the settings area, you should see the "Upload Quota", the free level should be in there along with the other levels you've set up on your site.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ghog,

I'm afraid there isn't an option to do that from a sub-site admin's perspective, the only way that would be achieved presently would be to let the subscription expire.

Of course, you as a network admin could manually revoke their Pro Site level from the "Manage Sites" section inside Pro Sites, but unless you're wanting to handle this for all of your members, that's probably not what you're looking for.

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.