how can I add a text field in MP3 to use for a UPC number

Some of our products use UPC code and i noticed there is not a field for it.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Tony,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Do you want to add the field with product or on checkout form ?

If it is on product page then you can use Advanced Custom Fields plugin to add a custom field and then display on product page using a shortcode or using a template tag. See more details here:
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/displaying-custom-field-values-in-your-theme/

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• VC Nickels
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I'm not currently a user of MarketPress though it was my original reason for joining WPMU Dev.

UPC/ISBN/EAN Codes should be a standard field in MarketPress for rather obvious reasons (a lot of things have them) but also because it's one of the items Google requires for certain (most) types of things that could show up in Google Shopping.

If Google thinks your item should have a UPC/ISBN/EAN number and you don't list it, it's not likely to show up. I sell comics and other collectible items and went round and round on this a few years ago. Not having it when it should can affect sales.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello - Hope you both are doing good today :slight_smile:

Thanks for your valuable feedback and suggestions. I am moving it to features and feedback section from where it may consider for development if it gets enough +1's. More +1's of a feature request will get, more chances of it to be considered for development.

Meanwhile, you can you use the alternative method I mentioned in my first response.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.