How can I add custom profile fields to Membership 2 Pro profiles?

I'd like to add a few fields like "company" and "job title" to my member registration. I was looking for an answer here and found that this plugin was recommended:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/cimy-user-extra-fields/

I've installed it and I see the field in the User section but I have no idea how to get them over in to the Membership Profile Fields and add them to the registration process.
In a perfect world, we'd be able to let users link to their own social networks within their profiles, also.

• Milan

Hello @chris,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking. :slight_smile:

Membership provides some of the custom profile fields editing via its addon Membership > Addon > Profile Fields. Then you can see possible profile fields via Membership > Settings > Profile Fields. But it will not let you create your custom profile fields. Now let me tell you alternative you can use in conjunction with our Membersihp 2 pro to satisfy your need.

You'll need to user Buddypress. Buddypress is complete set of social features which you can implement in your site. Buddypress has mechanism of custom profile fields in which you can create as many fields you want with some basic validations. As you want only custom profile fields you can easily disable all other component of buddypress easily via Settings > Buddypress except Extended Profile.( if you don't know anything about buddypress this description will may look confusion to you. but as you use it this will start making sense. )

Once you install Buddypress you can add as may custom profile fields you want from User > Profile Fields

So here are the steps you'll need to follow to setup custom profile fields.

#1) Install Buddypress vai Plugins > Add new > Buddypress
    #2) Disable all the component rather than Extended profile fields from Settings > Buddypress page
    #3) Navigate to User > Profile Fields and add your custom fields there
    #4) Now activate addon named Buddypress Integration from Membership > Addon > Buddypress Integration and make its option "Use Registration page of Buddypress rather than membership" active. Please see attached screenshot for more information.

That's it. This will ask user at time of registration information which you need via profile fields.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Milan

Hello @chris,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

I've just confirmed every steps you've followed. You forgot to enable Buddypress Integration addon. I've enabled addon and make sure Membership 2 pro plugin use Buddypress registration page and its started working properly.

After creating custom fields, you'll need to enable option "Use Buddypress Registration rather than Membership 2 pro" of Buddypress Integration.

You can confirm that its working fine now.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.