How can I add lost password link to custom sidebar login?

@Patrick Cohen

I am following the WMPU Dev article from last year to building a custom sidebar login: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/wordpress-login-page-sidebar-login/

It seems that the sidebar login is missing the 'registration' and 'lost password' links that are quite essential. I know that the registration link can be added by inserting echo wp_register(); after echo wp_login_form(); but it appears rather low making the sidebar login unnecessarily long.

I am also having issues with the lost password link and part 4 'The really fun stuff' as the 'Update your Status' link is appearing on the same line as 'Update your Profile' link.

My questions are thus:

1. How can I change the placement of the registration & lost password links? Ideally, they would appear just below the 'Remember me' box with the 'log In' button to the right.

2. Is there a way to reduce the vertical space between the Username and Password field lines as well as the Remember me box line?

3. How can I add the lost password link?

4. Have you considered creating a WPMU Dev sidebar login plugin with some of the features mentioned in the article?

Thank you in advance!

Current code:

if (!is_user_logged_in()):
echo wp_login_form();
echo wp_register();
else:
global $current_user;
get_currentuserinfo();
echo '<h3>Welcome <a href="';
echo (bp_loggedin_user_domain());
echo '">';
echo bp_loggedin_user_fullname();