how can I add my own terms and conditions to login in appointments+

I need clients to agree to my terms and conditions before getting a free consultation with appointments+. I want to put a link to another page with those terms and conditions within the login section.

Check box to agree with terms (terms would have a link to the terms)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there Jack,

Thanks for your post.

In order to do that the best thing would be to put that on the registration form IMO.

Under Appointments+ >> General >> Display Settings you will find an option to add fields.

"Additional fields"

Just add a Checkbox field to that and make that Mandatory.

I hope the attached screenshot helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

• Jack
    • New Recruit

Hi PC,

I tried your idea, and I was able to create a link on the settings page, but then when I saved the settings page, the link was converted to plain text. This resulted in plain text on my form rather than a link (see attachment).

Thank you

Jack

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Aah, I see. It works in the preview but html is not processed after saving the settings.

In that event, let me discuss this with our lead developer @Vladislav to see if its possible to fix that with some small modification.

Lets see what he comes up with and in the meantime, I will also be looking for more options.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

I see where the problem is, the additional fields don't allow for free-form HTML and hence, the link you're entering gets escaped into plain-text form. However, perhaps there's a way around it - we can make use of the hooks "under the hood" to insert the link, and make the checkbox label plain text, along the lines of "I have read and understood the terms and conditions". To get the link to actually show up, adding a bit of code like this to your functions.php could to the trick:

function my_app_add_tos_link ($str) {
    	return $str . '<br /><a href="http://coachjackito.com/consultations-agreement">Terms and Conditions</a>';
    }
    add_filter('app_additional_fields', 'my_app_add_tos_link');
  • Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

The functions.php file we were mentioning is located in your theme directory. That should be wp-content/themes/<your-theme-directory-name-here>/functions.php. Please note that you may want to back up this file first before making an edit, just so you can get everything back the way it was in case something goes wrong with copy/paste.

• Sean
    • New Recruit

Hello, I am new to this forum... I am trying to accomplish this same thing. I need to add a Terms and Conditions/Disclaimer that visitors should agree before confirming an appointment.

But as suggested in this post.. I do not see an option under Settings > General > Display Settings an option to add additional field. I've attached a screen shot of how it looks. Please help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.