How can I backup and restore sub database with Snapshot Pro?

Hello,
How can I backup and restore sub database with Snapshot Pro?

I only want to backup and restore some tables into my database.

Best regards

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nguyen Van Hao

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Snapshot plugin has two backup tools included in it: Managed Backups and Snapshots.

With Managed Backups it's not possible. It is always creating a full backup of the site - all the files and all the database tables - and pushing it to our cloud.

You can, however, do such backup with Snapshots. To do this, go to the "Snapshot -> Snapshots" page and create a new backup. Then you'll find a "Files" section there where you can decide whether to include any files in backup or not - if you only want to backup some tables, set it to "Don't include any files".

Below there's a "Database" section where you should select "Only Include selected database tables". This will open a list of tables where you can select the ones to be included in backup.

Finally, give the snapshot some name to easily recognize it, decide whether it's a "once off" backup or if a schedule should be set and use "Save & Run Backup" button to complete it.

This will create backup of only selected tables.

Restoring these tables is the same as restoring any other snapshot: go to the "Snapshot -> Snapshots" page, find the backup on the list and click "Restore", then follow on-screen instruction.

If you got any additional questions, let me know please.

King regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nguyen Van Hao

This is the way the plugin was designed. Like I previously explained, there are two backup tools built-in into Snapshot Pro and if you're using the plugin on Multisite install:

- the Managed Backups tool will always backup entire Multisite: entire install, including all the files and all the databases of the main site and all subsite.

- the "snapshot" tool ("Snapshot -> Snapshots":wink: is always "per site": you can backup entire multisite but you need to create separate snapshots for each site so for example one for the main site, one for subsite1, one for subsite2 and so on.

On a snapshot creation screen there is an option to choose which site should be backed up:

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Nguyen Van Hao

Snapshots are stored on your server locally. They can be pushed to external location but that's in addition to local storage, not instead of it.

The number of the backups locally stored depends on how many backups you set to keep. In every snapshot configuration if you set it to run on schedule (e.g. daily or monthly) there's a "Storage Limit" option where you set number of backups to be kept before removing older archives.

See the explanation of that option, please (it's displayed right below that option):

In addition to sending the copy off site we keep a local copy just in case things go wrong. Here you can specify how many local archives to keep before removing the oldest. If you put 0 here, Snapshot will keep all local archives.

It means that in addition to sending backup to e.g. Google Drive, Snapshot will keep a copy of it locally. The number of these copies depends on the value you set for this option. For example, if you set it to 3 there will always be 3 most recent copies stored locally. If you set it to 1, there'll always be 1 most recent copy stored locally. If you set it to 0, all copies will be stored locally - in addition to being sent to the remote location.

If you got multiple Snapshots created, this number multiplies. For example, if you have 3 snapshots created and each of them is set to store 3 backup archives, it will mean that 3 x 3 = 9 backup files will be always stored on your local server.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.