How can i change that popup does appear when visitor goes to the scroll bar?

I love the pop up, but i use it to display a popup if a visitor leaves my site. I have choossen the option to display popup when the mouse leaves the screen.

But the popup also pops up when a visitor uses the scrollbar to go down. How can i change it so that it only appears when he leaves at the top of the screen?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jeroen,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

I just tested this out and it only seems to happen in chrome for me. In Firefox I'm able to scroll without it coming up. Are you on Chrome or is it happening in a different browser for you?

Either way, I am going to mark this as a bug as it appears this shouldn't be happening and it definitely takes away from the user experience. Thanks for bringing this up!

In the meantime, let me know if there is any other questions we can help you with.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Philipp Stracker

Hey @Jeroen,

as mentioned, we can reproduce the issue. The reason is, that the browser-scrollbar is not part of the actual HTML document - so when the mouse hovers above the scrollbar it technically "leaves" the document. As the scrollbar is no part of the document we also cannot track the mouse anymore once it is on the scrollbar, so we cannot tell if the mouse is currently on the scrollbar or already outside the window...

However, we could improve the rule that it will not be triggered when the user hovers above the scrollbar! In fact, when the mouse leaves the window via the scrollbar no popup will be displayed.
    Most users will try to leave the window via the top (when they use the back-button or switch tabs) so we think this is a solid solution for the issue!
    The fix will be released in version 4.6.1.1 - this might be next week or later in September.

In case it is urgent please let us know and I can set you up with the current beta version of the plugin.

Thanks, Philipp :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.