How can I change the names of some of the fields on the confirmation template.

Hi,

How can I change the change the names of some of the fields on the confirmation template. Also, how can I change the error that comes back when a field is not entered - it uses bad grammar :slight_smile:

• Jennifer

Ultimate Branding Text Change is only allowing me to change one field on my appointments page. I'm trying to rename most of the fields.

Update: I apologize for all the comments, but I need to get this done and live support isn't available. I ended up changing the shortcode to change the text fields to:

[app_confirmation Your name="Full Name:" Your email="Email Address:" Your phone="Phone #:" Your address="Address:" City="City, State, Zip, Country:" Your notes="Skype ID:" ]

I need to make sure some of these fields are mandatory for the customer to fill out, such as name, email, phone, skype ID. In addition, I need to change the error note that comes back saying they didn't fill something out. When I noticed it before, the grammar didn't make sense :slight_smile:

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Jennifer,

Thank you for your replies.

Does Ultimate Branding have the ability to change my theme (for instance, the footer)?

It helps to change any text which is translatable on your site displayed in the admin area or front end.

Ultimate Branding Text Change is only allowing me to change one field on my appointments page. I'm trying to rename most of the fields.

You can change multiple text by adding new text change rule on clicking on the Add New link as shown in the attached screenshot.

Update: I apologize for all the comments, but I need to get this done and live support isn't available. I ended up changing the shortcode to change the text fields to:

[app_confirmation Your name="Full Name:" Your email="Email Address:" Your phone="Phone #:" Your address="Address:" City="City, State, Zip, Country:" Your notes="Skype ID:" ]

Yes you can change the default appointment confirmation fields text using the shortcode arguments as following.

[app_confirmation name="Full Name:" email="Email Address:" phone="Phone #:" address="Address:" City="City, State, Zip, Country:" note="Skype ID:" ]

I need to make sure some of these fields are mandatory for the customer to fill out, such as name, email, phone, skype ID.

The default fields Name, Email, Phone, Address, City are mandatory (except note field).

You can make the custom additional fields mandatory by checking the option Required when creating it as shown in the
    second attached screenshot.

In addition, I need to change the error note that comes back saying they didn't fill something out. When I noticed it before, the grammar didn't make sense :slight_smile:

Do you mean the message 'Please fill in the requested field'?

You can change it using the Ultimate Branding Text Change module as described previously or change it using the attached small plugin that contains the following code.

function change_translate_text( $translated_text, $untranslated_text, $domain ) {
    	if ( $domain ==  'appointments' && trim($untranslated_text) == 'Please fill in the requested field' ) {
    		$translated_text = 'Please fill in all the required fields';
    	}
    	return $translated_text;
    }
    add_filter( 'gettext', 'change_translate_text', 20, 3 );

Change the text 'Please fill in all the required fields' in the above plugin code to whatever you want to set.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.