How can i change the sidebar used in the classifieds pages

How can i change the sidebar used in the classifieds pages?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there!

Are you having an issue with the classifieds page showing something wrong? Or would you just like to show a different sidebar on it?

If you are wanting to customize that page you should be able to create a page template based on the custom post type i.e. single-classified.php and specify the particular sidebar in there. Have you tried this?

Best,

Kimberly

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Well i am using the mingle theme which is a framwork of its own and as such doesnt accomodate page templates outside of the ones you create in there framework.

I have tried adding widgets in all the default sidebars and nothing shows up. However i think the siedbars for my themes use different classes.

I was reall just wondering where i could edit the sidebar thats included on the following pages:

main classifieds page
    single classifieds
    and categorys, author etc

If you could point me to the relevant template to edit and line of code that would be great.

Thanks

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Looking around in the classifieds files it seems the templates for some of the pages are located

/wp-content/plugins/classifieds/ui-front/general

you probalby can copy any of these to your theme folder and add the code to call the sidebar you want.

For Single classifieds, you'd need to save a copy of your single.php as single-classifieds.php and do the same there

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you're well.

Just following up on some threads here and noted that we've not heard from you in a while.

If you're still looking for some assistance on this thread then please by all means reopen it or create a fresh thread for any new questions.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.