how can i configure comment plus

i am trying to configure comment plus and i keep getting A MESSAGE that said to keep configuring it . how can i fix that problem?

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jacques, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Inside your Network Dashboard, if you go to:

Settings -> Comments Plus

You'll notice that the Facebook & Twitter app sections haven't been configured yet. Since the box for "I want to use this app on all subsites too" is checked, it's being applied to the subsites. But since those sections haven't been configured yet, you keep seeing that error inside the Dashboard.

You'll either want to fill out those sections with the appropriate API details, or if you'd rather not use them on subsites, you could just check the relevant boxes in "Do not show "Comment with…"" on that page.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @jacques, responding here from the thread you created today. :slight_smile:

i want to finish setting up the comment plus setting . i tried all the different ways and i am still getting the message. whats the difference between having the API key and when i dont. any help will be appreciated.

If you don't have the API key entered for an app, and you haven't disabled that service as an option in the "Do not show "Comment with…"" section, then you'll continue to have that reminder to configure Comments+.

Either enter the App API key for a social service (if you have one available), or remove that social service as an option for logging in.

For example, returning back to the Network Dashboard, you'll notice that the Facebook and Twitter sections haven't been filled in with App details. As such, if you don't have App details to enter there, you would scroll down the page to the "Do not show "Comment with…"" section, and check the boxes for "Facebook" & "Twitter", and then save the settings.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.