How can I control access to Coursepress PRo Courses from within Memberpress?

How can I control access to Coursepress Courses from within Memberpress? Memberpress allows you to create rules based on pages, posts, or categories that govern access. I don't see any Coursepress variables, but I do see something called Course Category????

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Idris,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Are you referring to this MemberPress plugin here? http://www.memberpress.com/

I'm not familiar with that plugin; however, restricting access to the course category will likely restrict access to the courses within that category. You will need to test that out to be sure.

Is there any sort of URL group feature there? We have just released a plugin called Protected Content that allows you to restrict access based on URL's and regular expressions.

So, you can restrict content to all urls within a course :slight_smile:

That way they have to purchase the level to access the urls the content is on.

If MemberPress has something similar to this then you should be able to do the same.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Idris
    • New Recruit

The challenge is that the membership plugin I'm using Memberpress only restricts pages/posts. I'm using the Memberpress plugin to restrict and "drip" content as well as selling subscriptions to my site. The only other options to us to use shortcodes for every course inside pages which defeats the purpose of the coursepress functionality...Suggestions?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Idris!

Can you protect pages by URL with MemberPress, or does it limit you to choosing pages/posts to protect via a dropdown?

I'm not familiar with MemberPress, either, so it's hard to make a recommendation I know for sure will work.

Are you dripping the content on all pages, so each page has some content available, but a full membership is needed to see the whole page?

Would you be willing to let me look at the MemberPress settings via your dashboard? If

this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV

Dashboard Settings from the following path and reply on this thread after granting it?

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

If you have not installed WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin yet, kindly do that here :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/ and then allow access as per the above process.

Thanks, Idris!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.