How can I control redirect after someone signs up for my e-newsletter?

I have multisite, buddypress, pro site and membership on the site under discussion.

I have installed the e-newsletter on this site, have configured it perfectly and love it. The newsletter I have questions about is open to any visitor or member.

I have set it where cron is NOT enabled, so I do not have a welcome newsletter to be sent at sign up and I do not want an automatic subscription when people register. I also do not have the page ID numbers configured for either the subscription or the unsubscribe.

I am testing the subscription process right now.

How can I redirect the subscriber to a particular page at confirmation? Right now it is sending them automatically to the most recent post that has been published. I would like them to go to a specific page instead. Thanks in advance! Linda @iempoweru

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @iempoweru,

Are you sure this is an e-Newsletter subscription form you're referring to? Both the shortcode and widget forms for this plugin will leave the user on the page they were on. It shouldn't redirect them anywhere. Thy just get a confirmation message within the same page.

Currently a redirect isn't a feature of this plugin. I will move this to Features & Feedback though so we can see what other community members think, and so it can be considered for future development.

Best regards,

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Alexander Rohmann Yes. It is to the e-newsletter I have tried it with a member email/name and as a visitor to the site and get the same results. When I confirm the subscription it automatically takes me to the most recent post on that site.

Try it out for yourself: the login is at the bottom of any page on this site:

http://www.theecoacceleratorresourcecenter.com/

I will remove you once in, so you don't have to worry about that. Linda @iempoweru

• iempoweru
    • The Crimson Coder

@Alexander Rohmann yes I do. The best way to see what happens is just sign up for the newslettter. There is a linked graphic on every page of the sites, but, here it is again:

http://www.theecoacceleratorresourcecenter.com/tales-from-the-trenches/

I have the subscription set up on a page, but, it doesn't matter, it happens if I use the widget too. After signing up it will automatically take you to the last post published. While this is not totally intolerable, I would like to have it go to a thank you page or an explanation page instead. Thanks in advance. Linda

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @iempoweru,

I've just taken a look and I see what you mean.

The issue here is that the subscribe form doesn't even reload the page. It uses AJAX to simply send the email address to the server. So it's not redirecting at all.

It would be possible to do a javascript redirect, but not without modifying the plugin. This would take a bit of custom development. If you need this done now, you could hire a WordPress developer from our jobs board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

But in any case, this is now a feature request, so we can see what other members think about it, and perhaps add it as an option in a future release.

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @iempoweru,

Sounds good, I've mentioned it to the developer, but this is a feature request (not a bug fix) so it's up to them to work on it or not. Usually we would wait to implement a feature request until it's requested a few times, or other members show interest in the topic.

Best regards,

• Vincent
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi @Alexander Rohmann,

Majority of optin should allow a custom thank you page url to be shown after user subscribed.

without it, the plugin just looks half done as it leave subscribers confused as they are not properly informed, most will think the subscription doesn't work, which isn't a very good user experience.

Kindly add in the redirect after subscribe as an important function.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Vincent

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello!

Currently it is possible to set up custom subscription page after user confirms mail(i have added this option some time ago) but if confirmation(double opt in) is not necessary then it simply displays the message about successful redirection without reloading(with AJAX) so i am not sure if you are talking about custom page for double opt in or widget/shortcode. Please let me know and i will consider adding it in future!

Thanks,
    Maniu

• hazenreed
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello, and thank you for the reply. Yes I see the two settings you refer to. Those are not what I am asking about. Subscribe is WHERE the Sign up for goes. Unsubscribe is where the form to get off the list goes.

I am asking about a "Thankyou" page that acknowledges that the user has properly and successfully completed the two step email confirmation process. This the last part of most two step processes, and is one one of the most important parts of the relationship building part of the deal. It also allows one to track successful conversions through analytics.
    Where is that option?

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @HazenReed

I understand your thinking and it shows bug in our labeling. This option should actually do what you are describing. Please try it out and let me know if you have any issues.

Labeling will be changed in next release.
    Thanks,
    Maniu

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.