How can I control what images are used as thumbs on shared posts broadcast to sites like FB?

How can I control what images are used as thumbs on shared posts broadcast to sites like FB?
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0293hsbcf2

Thanks
Joe

• Ash

Hello @jsegal

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

As per our forum rule, please do not link to external screenshot service, rather post the screenshot here.

To control that thumbnail, you can use any facebook social plugin, like UFB. Also you can hardcode it:

<meta property="og:image" content="LINK"/>

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash[

• Ash

Hello @jsegal

I hope you are well today.

I've never been told that before and always have linked to screenshots. Thanks for letting me know though I'll keep that in mind.

Thank you :slight_smile: The reason is, the external services delete that image after certain time. So another users comes to this thread after some days, he won't see anything and won't get any idea about this issues.

Yes, I meant Ultimate Facebook plugin.

About the meta tag, you need to place it in the head tag in header.php. But note that, in this case, every time only that image is shown in facebook, doesn't matter what link you share.

To show post thumbnail in the facebook share screen, you need to use a social plugin (Ultimate Facebook as I mentioned). There is also a cool and free plugin called Jetpack. It has a publicize feature and with that you can share in facebook, twitter, google+, linkein, pinterest etc.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.