How can I create a custom payment Gateway for ProSites

Hi,
I want to add support for FastSpring payment gateway to Prosites-- is any such payment gateway support in the works?

If not, then how do I go about creating my own custom gateway? What are the guidelines/rules I have to keep in mind-- is there any doc/guide available for this purpose, or maybe a generic custom gateway wrapper into which i simply have to plugin code specific to FastSpring?

Another question-- even if I do create a custom payment gateway myself-- isnt there a good chance that this gateway may break with subsequent upgrades to ProSites?

Ideally I would prefer if you could develop a FastSpring gateway-- you have the knowledge and expertise-- I am just a newbie. If you do add a gateway for FastSpring to your list of requests/roadmap, can you tell me how long (weeks/months??) it will take before the gateway finally comes out.

Thanks,
Arvind.

Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

I want to add support for FastSpring payment gateway to Prosites-- is any such payment gateway support in the works?

As far as I'm aware there isn't such a gateway in the works.

I think this might also be the first time I've heard of them.

If not, then how do I go about creating my own custom gateway? What are the guidelines/rules I have to keep in mind-- is there any doc/guide available for this purpose, or maybe a generic custom gateway wrapper into which i simply have to plugin code specific to FastSpring?

You would need to first study their API to understand what is required from their site.

Then you will need to also study the gateways within our plugin to see how existing gateways work.

If this isn't something you are able to do then you would need to consider hiring a developer for the task.

Another question-- even if I do create a custom payment gateway myself-- isnt there a good chance that this gateway may break with subsequent upgrades to ProSites?

It's always possible it would break, it depends on what is changed, I couldn't say never.

Take care.