How Can I Custom Style Easy Blogging?

Team WPMU,

Is there a way I can style Easy Blogging to be more in line with the front-end styling of my site? Specifically, I would like to change the menu icons and eliminate the TinyMCE styling.

Thanks!
Rob

• Patrick

Hey there @jetmac

I hope you're having a great day!

There's a handy filter you can use to completely disable the TinyMCE editor if you want:
    add_filter( 'user_can_richedit' , '__return_false', 50 );

Simply add that to a network-activated plugin and your subsite users will only have access to the text editor.

You can easily style the text editor buttons using the Admin CSS module in our Ultimate Branding plugin.

For example, adding the following CSS (as well as the function above) would result in something like the below screenshot:

#wdeb-mode .wp-core-ui .button, #wdeb-mode .wp-core-ui .button-secondary {box-shadow:none;}
    #wdeb-mode #primary_right a.add-new-h2, #wdeb-mode #primary_right .button, #wdeb-mode #primary_right .button-primary, #wdeb-mode #primary_right .button-secodary, #wdeb-mode a.button_link, input[type="submit"], #wdeb-mode input[type="reset"], #wdeb-mode .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-buttonpane button {background:#aaaaaa; border-radius:0;}

• jetmac

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I don't want to remove the TinyMCE editor at all -- I want to remove the changes to it that Easy Blogging Makes.

The TinyMCE editor is fine, and the look of it is consistent with the training videos and any screenshots we use. So, I want to remove the CSS changes Easy Blogging Makes to the page/post editors, TinyMCE, and the buttons/fields the contain: Save draft, Publish, etc, etc. Basically, I want to remove all additional styling (except the main menu), keeping everything as stock WP while providing the added capability of Easy Blogging for the wizards, walk throughs, help notes, and custom menu.

BTW, I figured out the easiest way to alter the menu is just to not use the standard menu entries with the plugin and swap them with new ones I create -- works pretty good.

What should I do?
    Rob

• Ash

Hello @jetmac

So, I want to remove the CSS changes Easy Blogging Makes to the page/post editors, TinyMCE, and the buttons/fields the contain: Save draft, Publish, etc, etc.

You have to edit the plugin css. Please go to easyblogging/themes/default/style.css line no 842 and remove that css block.

I also noticed while poking around today that on the Visual editor the TinyMCE editor is completely gone - is it supposed to be that way?

No, this is a conflict I think. Did you make any changes in the plugin core file? If no, please run a conflict test using the flowchart here? https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.