How can I customize my Fundraiser page?

I’d just like to customize the display of the Fundraiser page a little more. With the current theme I’m using it looks a bit “bland”.

If I know which file to modify I can do that, but wasn’t sure if there were an easier way.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the great question.

Depending on what exactly you are trying to spruce up, the css files needed should be in the fundraisingstyles folder or the fundraisingcss folder.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Joe,

Experimented with a few things but I just couldn’t figure it out. I just want to add some additional spacing, so it’s not all bunched up, and add a few styles to the text of how much we’re trying to raise. Maybe give that a <h4> tag or something..

Basically I’d like it to look like:

DONATE AMOUNT – MAKE DONATION BUTTON

Make donation (dropdown)

We’ve raised <h4><amount raised></h4> of our total goal of <h4>Goal amount</h4>.

I hope that makes sense.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,,

Thank you for the additional clarification of what you want to accomplish there and it sounds great and understandable.

CSS may not be the way to accomplish this or the way I would personally handle this.

To get the job done I would go right after it using HTML coding.

Lets start with trying to insert into the form.meta_boxes.php file in the lib folder your <h4> code on either side of the line 158 where it echo the amount raised.

Something like <h4><?php echo $this->format_currency('',$this->get_amount_raised($post->ID)); ?></h4> ~or~ perhaps <b><?php echo $this->format_currency('',$this->get_amount_raised($post->ID)); ?></b>

Please advise and if this works we can move forward to the other items.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for your additional input, it is greatly appreciated.

It is certainly possible and even probable that your theme is indeed dictating the outcome though I thought that our custom coding would have over ridden them.

What is the name of your theme?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

Hi Joe,

The theme I’m using is called “The Cause”. It’s a ThemeForest premium theme. It’s not entirely “ugly”, I would just like to be able to modify the look if possible to make it a little more easier on the eyes.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Thank you for the additional input which is certainly appreciated.

This is the first I have ever heard of this particular theme and indeed if it is a premium theme I cannot expect the lead developer of Fundraiser to purchase the theme to find out what is over riding the custom coding we are trying to implement to make it “prettier” as you have suggested.

What is the URL to where fundraiser is displayed and maybe our lead developer can see what the issue is by looking at the source code of the page?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

This is the main issue, It currently looks like the first screen grab, I’d like to just re-align and enlargen some of the content and change the status bar to red or maybe even green

Our campaign is almost over but I would definitely like to get this refined for the new year push we’re going to have.

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Magnificent, thank you for clarifying this. I have already flagged the lead developer to this ticket and hopefully though he takes them in the order that they are received, hopefully he will be able to make it in here sooner then later pointing out what needs to be changed.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

Just touching base with you to let you know that we have not forgotten about you nor the custom coding that you want to perform and have requested advice on for your installation of Fundraising.

I will flag the lead developer @cole again in the event this ticket/issue has got away from his as we prepared for the release of WordPress 3.5

Thank you for your demonstrated patience.

Cheers, Joe

• wayoutwest

Really really discouraging here… over a month and still no solution and the fundraising page still looks unprofessional and I’m going to have to find an alternative at this point.

Really starting to regret my membership here. This isn’t the only issue that’s still “pending”.

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

You will want to take a look at template-functions.php in the /wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/ folder.

You can take over particular functions or replace the entire functions file with a different file in a new location.

Here is the function override version

add_action('wdf_custom_template_functions', 'register_new_funder_functions');
    function register_new_funder_functions() {
    require_once('full/server/path/to/your/custom/functions.php');
    }

inside your functions file you would copy and replace each individual function you want to take over from the template-functions.php file.

Alternatively you could copy and replace the entire template-functions.php file like this…

In your wp-config.php file include

define('WDF_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_FUNCTIONS','full/server/path/to/your/custom/functions.php');

Once you have done either one you can start to edit the html structure to your liking.

Here is a third option.

you can create a template file in your theme that you can use to customize the html output.

Fundraiser Template Hierarchy is as follows (You can read more in the fundraising-templates.txt file inside the root fundraising directory)

There are 3 types of templates you can create.

Template Hierarchy

Single Fundraiser
    wdf_funder-{ID}.php
    wdf_funder-{slug}.php
    wdf_funder.php

Fundraiser Checkout
    wdf_checkout-{ID}.php
    wdf_checkout-{slug}.php
    wdf_checkout.php

Fundraiser Confirmation Page
    wdf_confirm-{ID}.php
    wdf_confirm-{slug}.php
    wdf_confirm.php

If you make a template you will still need to use particular particular functions from your template-functions.php file or generate your own to produce information like the amount raised etc.

Let me know if there is anything I can clarify.

Hope that get you in the right direction.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings wayoutwest,

It appears this particular topic is now resolved/closed, if you need any further assistance please let us know.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.