How can I customize the virtual pages created by CoursePress Pro?

CoursePress creates virtual pages in it's functionality. In other words, there is not actually a page named /classes, or (in my case), a page named /classes/pumping-out-power-from-youtube.

For me this causes a slight problem that I hope someone can tell me how to fix. It looks like these virtual pages use the Post page format - which I want to keep for my posts (sidebar visible), but for my CoursePress I would like my pages to be full (I am using the Divi Theme from Elegant Themes).

I would also like to display (on my classes page) 2 columns instead of the default 1 column with the HUGE display image.

Is there a template or something that I might be able to attempt to customize for my CoursePress pages?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Deryk,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

There are some pages in CoursePress that you can switch from virtual to "regular WP pages" on "CoursePress Pro -> Settings -> General" page. These are "Enrollment Process Page", "Login page", "Sign Up Page", "Student Dashboard Page" and "Student Settings Page".

For these pages - after switching them to "regular WP pages" - you can use standard WP templating.

As for all other (virtual) pages, please login to your site via FTP and go to the "/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress" folder and take a look at the files there.

You may use these files as example templates and/or copy them to your current (child)theme folder and then customize the same way you customize regular WP templates.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam