How can i disable the need to have an expert profile setup before contacting about a job?

Hi,

I have decided i need to use an alternative profile system on my site instead of the expert jobs system.

My users only ever need this one profile (not expert job pages), and will I will not be requiring them to set up an expert profile, prior to contacting a person about a job.

Currently if a user tries to contact a person about a job and they don't have an expert profile created they are prompted to complete one (and the contact button reflects this requirement)

I would like to disable this requirement so member users without an expert profile can still contact the job owner via the form on the jobs page.

Can you please advise the best method for this.

Thanks
Chris

• Anang

Hi Chris

Thanks for contacting us :slight_smile:

I can't find another way to modify this restriction with action/filter that you can put it in your functions.php file. So we need to change Jobs plugin's core file.

Find this line of code in plugins/jobs-plus/app/views/jobs-single/main.php at line 24

<?php if (JobsExperts_Helper::is_user_pro(get_current_user_id())): ?>
                                <?php ob_start(); ?>
                                <a class="btn btn-info btn-sm jbp_contact_job" href="<?php echo add_query_arg(array(
                                    'contact' => get_post()->post_name
                                ), apply_filters('jbp_job_contact_link', get_permalink(je()->pages->page(JE_Page_Factory::JOB_CONTACT)), get_the_ID())) ?>"><?php _e('Contact', je()->domain) ?></a>
                                <?php $content = ob_get_clean();
                                echo apply_filters('jbp_job_contact_btn', $content, $model);
                                ?>
                            <?php else: ?>
                                <a class="btn btn-info btn-sm"
                                   href="<?php echo get_permalink(je()->pages->page(JE_Page_Factory::EXPERT_ADD)) ?>"><?php _e('Become Expert', je()->domain) ?></a>
                            <?php endif; ?>

and change that code into :

<?php ob_start(); ?>
                                <a class="btn btn-info btn-sm jbp_contact_job" href="<?php echo add_query_arg(array(
                                    'contact' => get_post()->post_name
                                ), apply_filters('jbp_job_contact_link', get_permalink(je()->pages->page(JE_Page_Factory::JOB_CONTACT)), get_the_ID())) ?>"><?php _e('Contact', je()->domain) ?></a>
                                <?php $content = ob_get_clean();
                                echo apply_filters('jbp_job_contact_btn', $content, $model);
                                ?>

Please note that changes you made here will altered when you update the plugin, you need to save this code somewhere else for reference :slight_smile:

Let me know if that works :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.