How can I display content from sites that are only visible to users on the site?

I have a multisite network and I want to show when 9 specific sites are updated. I want to display this on another site in the network. However, the sites are set to only be visible to users on the site. Is there a way to show that the sites have been updated if they aren't visible to the public?

Thanks!

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Carrie!

To set the sites to visible to only users, I went to Settings ---> Reading ---> Site Visibility, and selected "Only registered users of this blog can have access."

In this case it would require custom coding, unfortunately. You would want to create an MU (Must Use) plugin that would follow a scenario like this:

- would be fired on each "publish" and/or "edit" action (when a post of any site of the network is being published and/or edited)
    - then save an ID of the site along with the date to the database
    - the second part would then fetch that saved data
    - would fetch the name of the site
    - would compare dates (using defined rules) to make sure that this was an update indeed
    - display the message

Such a custom code would be a bit beyond the scope of this support forum so you may want to ask a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board (please note: no WPMU DEV staff involved!) here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you however feel like coding it yourself and you'd have further questions on this, let me know and although I may not be able to provide you with a "ready to use" code I'll be more than happy to assist you as much as possible.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.