How can I display the date as well as the day in the select-appointment object?

Is there either a shortcode option or a code snippet I can add to functions.php that will display the date as well as the day of the week in the appointment calendar selection display?

Example: http://nachtweymassage.realbasics.com/make-an-appointment/

On this still-in-development page the days-of-the-week display under the heading "Schedule an Appointment for a 90-Minute Therapeutic Massage" shows only SU for Sunday, MO for Monday, etc.

My client is adamant (and I actually sort of have to agree) that it should be "SU 7," "MO 8," etc.

This is particularly important towards the end of the current week. When I demo'd appointments for my client only Friday was *visibly* available. That was technically correct as Mon-Wed were in the past and her advance-appointment requirement had blocked Thursday out. But *visually* she felt it looked as though she was available only one day a week.

For instance there's an option to display long day names (e.g. [app_schedule ... long="1"]) so is there another option to display the date as well (e.g. [app_schedule ... long="2"] or [app_schedule ... long="1" show-date="1"])

So. I know the plugin internals have to know the date. Is there either a setting or a code snippet that will display the date as well as the day of the week in the appointment calendar?

Thank you,

David Innes