how can i edit the activation message to new registered users mails

Hi,

I have taken gold package for all the plugins and themes from wpmu, just need to know that how can i edit the activation link message to new registered users mails in an attractive way. Do I have any option from the list of wpmu plugins or in which file i can get this message to edit it manually.

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @visionorigin

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

With the HTML Email Template plugin you will be able to add nice header and footer, well your customized header and footer in every email template. But you can't alter/change the main text of wordpress' default email. But you can add more text in header and footer with this plugin.

Is that what you want? If you are looking for something different please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Would you please try adding those lines in your theme's functions.php?

// Start changing email body
    function myprefix_change_activation_email_body ($old_body, $domain, $path, $title, $user, $user_email, $key, $meta) {
    	$my_message = "Hi! This is my new email! ";
    	$my_message .= "Your site {$title} is almost ready. We probably also want to include the activation key: {$key} ";
    	$my_message .= "Activate your site here : http://{$domain}{$path}wp-activate.php?key=$key";
    	// ... other stuff
    	return $my_message;
    }
    add_filter('wpmu_signup_blog_notification_email', 'myprefix_change_activation_email_body', 10, 8);
    // End changing email body

// Start changing email subject
    function myprefix_change_activation_email_subject ($old_subject, $domain, $path, $title, $user, $user_email, $key, $meta) {
    	$my_subject = "Hi! You just registered on my site!";
    	return $my_subject;
    }
    add_filter('wpmu_signup_blog_notification_subject', 'myprefix_change_activation_email_subject', 10, 8);
    // End changing email subject

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

The first function myprefix_change_activation_email_body() should change the email body.

Are you using any plugin for activation email? Are you using buddypress? Also, would you please check deactivating all other plugins and default WP 2012 theme?

Please let me know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.