How can I edit the format of the Events+ Widget date and time?

I"m using the Events+ Widget on my homepage to display a few upcoming events. The default format for the date and time is:

Law Bank Open House
Takes place on October 25, 2012 from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
CLE Course
Takes place on October 31, 2012 from 4:00 am to 6:00 am

Is there a way to edit the format without editing core plugin files (class_eab_template.php)? Something like below:

Law Bank Open House
Wednesday, October 25, 2012 | 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
CLE Course
Tuesday, October 31, 2012 | 4:00 am - 6:00 am

Thank you.

• dankobler
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Timothy,

I thought of that too, but it's actually hard coded in the template class (class_eab_template.php: lines 516, 517)

$start_string = $event->has_no_start_time($key)
    					? sprintf(__('Takes place on <span class="wpmudevevents-date_format-start">%s</span>', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN), date_i18n(get_option('date_format'), $start))
    					: sprintf(__('Takes place on %s <span class="wpmudevevents-date_format-start">from %s</span>', Eab_EventsHub::TEXT_DOMAIN), date_i18n(get_option('date_format'), $start), date_i18n(get_option('time_format'), $start))
    				;

Maybe creating a custom widget and just hard coding the get_event_dates function into it?

Might be a good feature request...

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.