How Can I Force Pages To Refresh After Theme Change?

I'm relatively new to Wordpress and everything's gone very smoothly, except theme changes. If I've already viewed a page and I decide to change the theme, I cannot get the page to reload with the new theme.

Environment: Wordpress Multisite on Hostgator Business Shared Plan, using Parked Domains.

What HASN'T Worked: Clearing WP Cache (all), Clearing Browser History (all), Switching Browsers. I assume the problem is caching either at the WP or HostGator level.

Can anyone tell me how to clear the cache and/or force the pages to reload with the new theme?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Charles

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Yep, cache can be a bit tricky at times.

If you are still developing the site, there is really no point in having the cache active at all. On the contrary, you will regularly have issues with it while you are configuring things.

If you are really set on using a cache plugin, that should be the very last thing to be activated and configured.

Thanks for confirming the issue resolved too!

:slight_smile:

• Charles
    • New Recruit

Thanks.

WPMUDEV has been terrifically helpful in this initial phase of my gradual transition from the do-it-all-yourself world of .NET development, where the usual response to any question was "why do you want to do it that way?" followed by endless bickering, wildly off-topic responses and personal-agenda screeds, but no answers.

I'm really glad to have found this resource. Money very well invested.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.