How can I get Buddypress to properly crop Facebook avatars pulled from Ultimate FB?

90% buttoned up on this dev site and I'm stumped with the buddypress avatars. The avatars that come from the FB connect (via Ultimate FB) are not cropping, or following the rules set in my bp-custom.php file. Any thoughts?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi there @joshua_camp!

Nice looking site!

I had a look at it, but wasn't able to determine what theme you're using. Is this a standard BuddyPress theme?

To me it looks like a plugin or theme conflict. Have you tried to deactivate all other plugins to see if the problem persist? I know it's a tedious task, but sometimes the only way for us to determine where the problem lies.

Look forward to receive your feedback and assisting further.

Have a great day!

Gina

• joshua_camp

Thanks Gina

I started playing with buddypress years ago and haven't touched much of my personal work in about 2 years, but in the past 2 weeks I've gone down a bit of a 'rabbit hole' building the entire platform solo. You can see the organization we founded that I'm building the site for at iamtheengine.org (temp site).

I'm using a custom theme coded on a 1200px responsive grid and have tied in everything imaginable to make the site usable. (including taking measures to build out over 200 options via custom functions and admin panel so I have roughly 30 completely different variations for different user templates, tutorials, etc. (The theme framework was tested on an 8yr old who built a great site in about 30min.)

Some of the code was stripped from various themes, but about 80% was hand coded using the right methods.

At this point, compressing CSS and JS are about all that's left other than the avatar issue.

I'll be sure to let you know when it launches. As for conflicts, I have already gone through the paces and determined that UFB. WP, and Buddypress are the only components using functions to crop. I was hoping to find that you knew of an issue I didn't.

My media settings align with the responsive grid, and I've tried adding the functions via bp-custom.php to force the crop. It still only works without enabling Facebook connect.

On image import, the avatars and cropping are working flawlessly, so I'm sure it's to do with the Ultimate FB plugin.

I have heavily modified many of the WPMU plugins around it though, and don't want to jump to coding more than I have to, and our development staff is swamped with client work.

Anyways, weekends demand family time so I hope you have a great day - who knows, maybe I'll run into you sometime in Dubai - I have family nearby.

-Joshua

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @joshua_camp

Woe, you really worked hard on that theme! I'm impressed. I'm not much of a coder myself, otherwise I would be a Developer (lol), but I love design and making things look pretty.

Unfortunately I am not able to give you much information about what might be causing the problem from within the Ultimate Facebook. I will have to ping our Developer @Vladislav to see if he has any input.

I wish you all the best with this project and any others you're working on. Have fun with it!

PS Yes, weekend is over here in Dubai. Fridays and Saturdays, so back to my usual schedule :slight_smile:

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.