How can I get expired subscriptions to act like I expect in Membership?

I've got a bunch of screenshots of my config here:
http://imgur.com/a/YFFGU

I'm expecting Membership to do something once a serial subscription expires. Either get some more money from the payment gateway and update the expiration date, or - if that transaction fails - drop users down to some lower-access level. I tried adding "non-subscribers" below "subscribers" in the subscription plan, but it shows up red, which supposedly means it will never be reached. Please note that for user "aaa" I manually changed the expiry date field in the database, so it's possible I missing it in another table. How can I test subscription expiration? What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.

• bentemple

Hi Jason, have you looked at the subscription plan settings within the plugin?

You can set the membership to 'Serial' so that when the time period you set for a membership ends, your subscribers will be automatically renewed. Thus you get paid again and again without having to manually manage your members subscription payments.

Testing it could be more tricky, you can ask a friend to test the payment out (and pay them back if feel like being nice!)

Not sure if that answers your question, but I've found it works well for my site.

• aecnu

Greetings jason_newell,

Thank you for the screen shots but they are harder then heck to see.

From what I can see and if I am seeing it right - aaa does not come up for renewal until the 5th of December which has yet to arrive, so I would not expect any status change.

@bentemple Thank you for your assistance Ben and you are indeed spot on with the way serial works.

Looking forward Jason to seeing how it goes or what it indicates on the 6th for aaa if indeed I am seeing the dates correctly.

Cheers, Joe

• Kimberly

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I'm guessing that because we haven't heard back from you that you've got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don't miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologise any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,
    Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.