How can I get more details on the latest version changes?

It seems like the latest version broke the plugin for me again. The posts with custom fields are not getting maps associated automatically. I want to see how and why this is happening and the first place i need to look is to see what changes were made.

• Ivan

Hey there Jamie,

Hope you are having great weekend so far!

You can change the changelog on the plugin page - when you click the "Changelog" link a modal with the changelog will pop up and you can see them, and download previous versions too.

There is also changelog included in the plugin if you download it directly.

If you want to inspect all the differences in between two version you can download the latest two versions and use a diff tool to see differences between files.

Cheers,
    Ivan

• jamie

I reverted to Version 2.9.0.4 I had a copy of in my archives and it's working again.

There have been previous occasions where updates have broken previous features and the developers I have worked with at WPMUDev wonder why their changes are not being included in the lastest releases, so I am very concerned about what is going on with the version control.

I don't mean to be a pest, but frankly this is not good.

• jamie

Ivan,

Okay I found out the problem. There was a patch file we used during debugging previously in the mu-plugins folder that was causing a conflict.

I have deleted that file and updated to most current version and it's working. My apologies for my lack of patience, but I was not too happy about this happening since we are about to go live and client is preparing to do testing with a group of testers and this could have been even more embarrassing than what I have displayed here. :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for all your hard work, I do appreciate everything.

Jamie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.