How can I get my site back up quickly?

site crashed after using plugin

• David
    • Flash Drive

I've managed to delete a few wpmudev plugins that might have caused conflicts - but the only change is that as where before I could access my wp-admin dashboard - that now is also a white screen. This is a real mess as I have an important meeting with a new client in a few hours and I only purchased the wpmudev package to satisfy his needs. I wish I hadn't!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

We don't have a chat line, we never have. We have live online chat support in the Live support page.

Back to your site.

Can you please go to your wp-content folder, then rename the plugins folder to plugins-tmp

Once done, create a new folder called plugins.

Then go back and try and access your dashboard.

If successful, then using FTP, copy each plugin from the plugins-tmp folder 1 at a time to the new plugins folder you just created. After copying 1 plugin, go to your dashboard > plugins page & activate it. if it works ok, move on & copy the next plugin to the plugins folder, then try and activate it again. do this until the issue returns. Then we will know which plugin is causing a conflict if any.

It could also be the theme too.

Have a look in your sites public_html, see if there's an error_log file, you might also find an error_log in your public_html/wp-admin/ folder.

See if there are any errors listed.

You also never actually mentioned what plugins you are having issues with.

Cheers

• David
    • Flash Drive

1) It began after activating E newsletter when prompted to install SMTP - I was led to a blank page
    2) I've now deleted almost all plugins downloaded today through wpmudev
    3) I'm also able to access wp-admin and I deleted from there as well as from my cpanel
    4) One recurring problem was the word 'protected' after URL - I just now got the following message

<Protected Content

The content you are trying to access is only available to members. Sorry.>

So I'm just wondering if that might be a clue i.e. there is something on the site in connection with 'members' ? -
    5) Regarding theme - no - its been working fine and problem 'only' began after activating recent plugins

Hope the above helps

• David
    • Flash Drive

I also got following message when logged in as admin:

"You are logged in as a Membership Admin user, you will therefore see all protected content on this site."

As I can only access site through 'visit site' option on my dashboard, then it seems probable that only through logging in as a member is it possible to see the site. Accordingly, it follows that deactivating that option might resolve issue?

I know I'm pretty pissed off right now, it comes with being a human being deprived of sleep and enslaved by computer at 3am - but i do appreciate your input

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.