How can I get the MarketPress virtual pages to work with my theme?

WooCommerce was worse.

I'm trying to get the virtual store pages to work with the Allegro theme: http://themeforest.net/item/allegro-multipurpose-news-magazine-theme/6209796

I'm back on the current version of MarketPress and no longer on the beta version.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@Jack Kitterhing:

I'll send the theme. Would it also help if I set up a demo site with the theme and give you admin access to WordPress and FTP capabilities?

I could use Snapshot to duplicate the exact conditions. I know MarketPress isn't the issue. I switched to a WordPress default theme, and the virtual pages showed up fine.

Faydra...

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @faydra_deon,

Hope you're well today and thanks for sending through the info.

I've done some testing here and this is purely a theme issue unfortunately.

The main issue is, your theme has no fallback for any other post type, it seems to all be focused around the gallery post type, which is why it's pulling up a random image (same happened on my test site).

On your site, if you go to domain.com/testing, you'll see a page I created with the products that works using the shortcodes, but the other important virtual pages still don't, such as the shopping cart etc.

There is I believe a resolution to this and that would be to use the MarketPress template hierarchy to create custom page templates, you can find out about that here, https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/the-easy-guide-to-theming-marketpress/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@Jack Kitterhing:

Thanks so much, Jack, for working on this for me. I've opened the link you provided and plan to use it to see if I can get MarketPress working on my site.

If I am able to do so, and there are some standard things I did to get it going, I'll come back and post here on this thread for future reference for anyone else having issues with MarketPress and their theme.

Like I said in my email, I was certain it was a theme issue, because it worked fine when I switched to Twenty Twelve.

Again, thanks for your help. I'll be sending points your way once I send this email.

Faydra...

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.