How can I get the Shopping Cart in the Widget Area to display properly?

Hello,

I’m having a problem with the way the Marketpress Shopping Cart widget is displaying in the sidebar widget area on one of my merchants sites within my multisite network.

I’ve tried looking in the grid.css file and I changed the width of the sidebar from 240px to 280px, but the Shopping cart is still being cut off. I also tried looking in the framemarket.css file, as well as the marketpress.php file, but still nothing.

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong area but can some please tell me how I can fix this issue and make it look more clean?

Please view the screenshot of my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jafar

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

It will be really helpful if you can share a link to the issue. That will help me use the Firebug from firefox tool to identify the CSS solution to the same.

The product name is too long, that might be causing the issue as well, can you please try and create a test product, use a small name and try it again.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Pranaya,

Here is the link to the issue http://beyoutifulthoughts.nuwshop.com/

Yes, I did notice that when I add other items to the cart that has a shorter title it does display better. Is there anyway that I can edit the amount of characters that can display in the products title in the shopping cart in the widget area? or maybe set an exact dimension so that it doesn't expand into the background like the 1st screenshot?

I'd like to make this look a little cleaner if possible.

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

It seems to be working fine now. Have you changed the title length ?

If not, can you give me a direct link to a product with a long name and I will try some custom CSS

Is there anyway that I can edit the amount of characters that can display in the products title in the shopping cart in the widget area?

I will not suggest core changes as they will be rewritten with every plugin update.

or maybe set an exact dimension so that it doesn’t expand into the background like the 1st screenshot?

.mp_cart_contents_widget td{padding: 0px !important}

added to grid.css should make it look better. Can you please try that once ?

Cheers, PC

• min_us
    • The Bug Hunter

@Pranaya,

I tried what you suggested, but the problem is still there. I changed the padding from 5pixels to 0pixels.

This is the smallest size that the shopping cart shrunk down to.

“can you give me a direct link to a product with a long name and I will try some custom CSS”

You can try to add the scented candles to the shopping cart, I think that is the one with the longest title that pushes out the width of the shopping cart.

Perhaps, is there a way to edit the font size of the product title that displays in the shopping cart sidebar widget area? I think that will help if I can just make the text appear a bit smaller.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Just try

.mp_cart_widget_content table.mp_cart_contents_widget th, .mp_cart_widget_content table.mp_cart_contents_widget td

{line-height : 17px !important; font-size : 9px !important}

That should help.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.