How can i hide the settings "encoding for pages and feeds" from users in multisite?

I have a multisite and i noticed that in the settings users have the option to change "Encoding for pages and feeds" to different formats.

I can see this being a problem if somone changes this and as such i want to hide this option.

I can see this has been removed from the edublogs option and wondered how i can do the same?

• minglemooch
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @ Ashley Keable

In your wp-admin folder look for options-reading.php, opne file and replace line 123-128 with this:

/*
    <tr valign="top">
    <th scope="row"><label for="blog_charset"><?php _e( 'Encoding for pages and feeds' ); ?></label></th>
    <td><input name="blog_charset" type="text" id="blog_charset" value="<?php form_option( 'blog_charset' ); ?>" class="regular-text" />
    <p class="description"><?php _e( 'The character encoding of your site (UTF-8 is recommended, if you are adventurous there are some other encodings)' ); ?></p></td>
    </tr>
    <?php do_settings_fields( 'reading', 'default' ); ?>
    */

If their is another way to this with a plugin or some kind of code I also would really like to know about it, but this is the only way I know how hide that.

Hope this helps ^-^

Regards
    JP@MingleMooch

• Ashley Keable
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I have fixed this now by simply removing lines 123-128 completely

Thanks @minglemooch for pointing out the relevant page and code to edit. Points are heading your way for the help

Whilst i agree a plugin would help remove this in terms of updating, i think i would rather remove it manually as the fewer plugins the better.

I just keep a list of the wordpress hacks that i need to redo on updates. Takes only 5 minutues to carry them out each time.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.