How can I increase the MB limit for uploading files

I believe the default size for uploading files is 7MB. How can I increase that limit? I am using marketpress and multisite and have a store owner who wants to upload a digital product that is 32MB.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Leslie,

Usually this is locked out in your PHP configuration. You can overriding it in your wp-config.php file by adding these statements:

ini_set('upload_max_size','32M');
    ini_set('post_max_size','32M');

The problem is, serving large files can be a strain on the server. In order to prevent the upload location from being known, MarketPress proxies the file for you. This means the entire file needs to pass through PHP. This is great for small files, but not the best for larger ones.

If you notice any issues serving large files, you can place this in your wp-config.php file:

define('MP_LARGE_DOWNLOADS', true);

This will have MarketPress use a faster redirect method instead.

Best regards,

• Leslie
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks for this. I haven't tried it yet but will soon. I was noticing on network settings on the super admin dashboard that there is a place to increase the file size uploads. I increased it there. Will that do the trick or is that something else? I'm looking for my store owners' ability to upload digital files for sale in their marketpress store on my network.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.