How can I load a Blog Template as a Theme option?

Hi there.

Is there a way we can load a Blog Template as Theme?

When a user register for a new website, he can choose from different templates. But what if he starts with one installation, and then wants to switch the theme?

We are using Admin Menu Editor and Adminimize to control the aspect of WP Admin. Different Themes will load different plugins and different options for each theme.

I’m not sure if I’m thinking about this the right way, can someone provide some insights?

Thank you very much!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @urbanoantunes1,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am afraid, blog template created by New Blog Template is totally different than regular WordPress theme/template.

It has bit complex structure including theme files, media and database tables. So its not easy to switch it as a theme after signing up using one blog and using another one afterwards.

Your users can still use regular themes, switch between them and yes can customize using theme options or customizer from Appearance > Customize (depends on theme).

However, its would be a good feature request to let users select/load other templates after signup (not exactly what you are looking for but similar) from Dashboard so if you wish I can move it to features and feedback section from where it can be considered for development depending on its demand & popularity amongst other members of community.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Urbano

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I’ve moved your ticket to our “Features and Feedback” section as you suggested. I believe, more people will like your idea and more people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.