How can I make a Gravity Forms shortcode work within your popup pro?

I need to include a Gravity Forms shortcode within a popup but it results in an inactive FORM that shows all kinds of extra info. Please advise.

• Oliver
    • Flash Drive

Although I got the gravity form to appear properly within the popup, I am faced with two other problems now...

1. When testing with purposeful errors, the form validated properly but then wouldn’t let me resubmit.

2. Upon valid submission, it failed to take me to the thank you page

Please advise.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Oliver,

Thank you for granting us support staff access.

I tried to log in to your site using support staff access but i couldn't and got the following error message.

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdpunauth on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: 310e-e51f-cd36-1abb

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact editorial at helpdesk.com and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Please temporary disable the site security if you are using any so that i can access the admin area of your site.

Could you please just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Oliver
    • Flash Drive

Your support staff has successfully logged in previously. Given this, I am hesitant to send you my personal login credentials and I'm not sure what site security would be different since support staff last logged in? Can you be more specific about what I need to "temporarily disable"?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Oliver,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

It's possible that message is coming from a security plugin, such as iThemes security or wordfence, maybe a setting has changed since the last login.

If you could temporarily any security plugin or send those details through we'd be happy to help, don't worry all data is sent through our secure contact form. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Oliver,

Thank you for sending the site details.

I have tested on your site and found when we get validation errors on gravity form then the following javascript error message is displayed in the browser console as shown in the attached screenshot.

ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined

Are you getting this javascript error message when you use gravity form shortcode in post or page content?

If yes then this can be due to plugin/theme conflict.

You can just try on your development site using default WordPress theme like Twenty Thirteen and deactivating all other plugins as displayed in the flowchart on the following page to know which theme/plugin is conflicting if any.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/getting-support/

Let's resolve this issue first then we will try to achieve thank you page redirection.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Oliver
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Vinod.

This solved problem #1...

1. When testing with purposeful errors, the form validated properly but then wouldn’t let me resubmit. THIS NOW WORKS

Now we just need to solve problem #2 please...

Cheers,

Oliver

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Oliver,

I could confirm on your site that if i use gravity form shortcode on post/page then it gets redirected successfully but in the pop up it's not getting redirected but the HTTP GET request made for the thank you page is displayed in the browser console.

I have notified our SLS developer to look into it to troubleshoot it and find the solution.

He will reply here shortly.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Oliver,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your patience on this.

Would you mind sending the following so we can debug this for you.

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP (important).
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Oliver,

we have found the issue and fixed it!
    In the next version (4.6.1.6) this will work

When a Gravity-Form is submitted the PopUp stays open and displays the submit-status. The user can then close the PopUp manually.
    Note that Gravity-Forms only works with the loading method "Page Footer"

I have scheduled the release for next week :slight_smile:

Thanks for reporting this issue! Philipp

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the clarification.
    Forms inside PopUps will never redirect to a different page when submitted.

The form is submitted into a hidden iframe and then the PopUp checks the contents of this hidden iframe to see if the iframe contains updated contents for the PopUp.

I'll check if we can add some option or similar to PopUps so you can choose if the form should be submitted to the hidden iframe or to the top-window (effectively redirecting to the form target)

When the update is released I will post a short update here to let you know!

Thanks, Philipp

• Oliver
    • Flash Drive

Hi Phillipp.

I'm confused again... you say that forms inside a popup will never redirect to a different page and yet you say you will see if it can be done? Please clarify.

I'm concerned... I first submitted my query on October 1st and have been waiting (and paying our monthly support fee) with the expectation that this issue would be resolved - because noone until now has told me otherwise. Had I known that it was an impossible request, I would have sourced a different PopUp plugin and saved myself both time and money... and I would have had a happier client because I would have provided what they wanted by now instead of stringing them along.

Please advise,

Oliver

• Oliver
    • Flash Drive

Can it not be that clicking on the SUBMIT button both closes the popup window AND redirects the user to a specified Thank You page?

Also... I just tried unsuccessfully to use a wildcard in the condition "Not on a specific URL". Is there a way to use wildcards?

For example... sending multiple email campaigns to drive users to a particular page:

http://www.helpdesk.com/free-helpdesk-software/

I don't want to have to add a new URL every time a new campaign goes out using something like this as the link:

http://www.helpdesk.com/free-helpdesk-software/?campaign=sem_google

Please advise.

Oliver

• Philipp Stracker
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Oliver,

yep, I said that I look if it can be done... what I meant was "I'll try to add it to the next release" :wink:

So here it is: Our next version is 4.7.0 which will is planned to be released in a couple of hours. In this next update you finally have much better control of forms inside PopUps:

Each PopUp now has a new setting inside the "Behavior" box that offers you three options to handle form submits:
    - "Refresh PopUp or close" (this is the default behavior)
    - "Refresh PopUp or do nothing" (this is recommented for Ajax forms)
    - "Redirect to form target URL" --> this is what you want: It will show the form results in the main window!

I'll mark the thread as resolved, but Let us know what you think of the changes! If you still have problems with something we can always re-open the thread.

Thanks, Philipp

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.