How can I make the newsletter editing space larger?

OK, I love editing and designing. But guess what? I'm hating it in this newsletter, and that's no good. The tiny window for creating the newsletter content makes it impossible to see what I'm doing. How can I make the editing space larger?
Also, is there a way to send the newsletters like autoresponders, in sequence, so that when new members come in they receive it in the same order? Thanks, MM

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for the post.

you would need to edit the plugin CSS for this i believe.

e-newsletter/email-newsletter-files/email-newsletter.css

.wp-full-overlay.expanded.wider #customize-controls {
        width: 600px;
    }

then change the width to suit.

hope this helps

thanks.

• mariamar
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi, Vaughan,

Can you add the height to this code? I'd like it to be at least 500 or possibly 600. Then I'll give it a try, though I'm no coder.

But if you tell me where to put it in the CSS (after this or before that), I can handle it.

Thanks,

MM

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

does adding height to the above CSS not work? I haven't tried myself, I think it doesn't use height so that the left column uses 100% height.

try adding height to the above, if that doesn't work I'll look into it a bit deeper.

hope this helps.

thanks

• mariamar

Hi Vaughan,

I used the code you gave me and it made the window wider, which is good. But the worse problem is the height which is so narrow I can's see what I'm doing. So could you give me the code to add height to it? Perhaps you need to give me the entire code again, with the height and width, so that I don't add the height code in the wrong place. REMEMBER: I am not a coder!

Thanks,
    MM

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

try this

.wp-full-overlay.expanded.wider #customize-controls {
        width: 600px;
        height: 80%;
    }

i don't know what size screen or resolution you use, so i can't give you an exact height to use.

the above hopefully will make the height 80% of the screen height.

for a fixed height, change the 80% to use px. like 600px

just keep adjusting till you like what you see. but as i say, i'm not entirely sure height will work in that context, but if it does, super. if not, i'll have to look a bit deeper.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

sorry, i've been unable to find a solution using CSS, you might have to edit the plugin code.

i thought adding rows: 100 to the textarea might work, but that didn't either, i think it's because it uses an iframe.

I will have to flag the developer for you on this.

however, it's quite possible to do this manually.

in the bottom right of the content textarea you will see a little button, if you click & drag that with your mouse you can manually adjust the width & height of the text area (see screenshot)

hope this helps.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @mariamar

Currently autoresponder is not possible but you are in luck with other problem!

New version has this upgraded and you can resize the edit window by dragging bottom right corner its not perfect but should do the trick:slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @mariamar

Currently autoresponder is not possible but you are in luck with other problem!

New version has this upgraded and you can resize the edit window by dragging bottom right corner its not perfect but should do the trick:slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Maniu

• mariamar

Hi, guys,

Thanks for your answers, but I decided to deactivate the enewsletter. I found another newsletter which allows me to schedule issues just as I want, duplicate issues, include posts/pages and has a great editing area. All problems solved.

FYI: It's the Wysija newsletter plugin.

Thanks,
    MM

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.