How can i merge two plugins into one ?

Hi There,

i am not a very good developer but i can understand code and some stuff . i want to merge "ultimate facebook" and "The Google+ Plugin" for my one client . please help me just tell me steps to follow, no need to going deep just some info that can help me to do that .

by merging i mean "i want to use both plugin's feature in single plugin instead of two plugin."

Thanks.

• mysendoff

Well you could technically merge them, but I strongly and highly advise not doing so. Because if you ever need to upgrade them, they won't upgrade, at all.

Plugins are meant to be stand alone and 'plug in' to the Wordpress sites. The two you mention, Ultimate Facebook and Google+ Plugin are both by all rights separate identities as well.

Why do you feel that these plugins need to merge?
    Is there an actual technical reason? maybe you might want to give us more information on why they need to be merged?

We are here to help, just need more information as to why? Are there software issues that warrant it? are they conflicting when you install them together?

As a coder view point, the purpose of plugins are to allow the WP core to easily allow you to plug 'in' and plug 'out' any of the addons without having to affect the core programming of the wordpress site. Consider plugins more like 'addons' that can be removed easily and added any time you want.

Once in awhile however, you will find an 'addon' that may conflict with your website, word of caution always make backups before adding a plugin, and always check on the plugin you installed to make sure its doing what it is supposed to do.

If you are still having issues, feel free to ask the boards for that particular plugin, look for updates, etc. The coder rule, programs are always updating, for whatever reasons, security flaws, bugs, etc, so always keep a book mark for a plugin that you have installed and make it a weekly routine to visit their forum for the latest issues or patches.

Sorry for the overly long reply!

But bottom line on your question, do NOT merge plugins, you will be setting yourself up for a ton of grief, because updates and patches will not apply themselves.

And you will not have access to very much help for that kind of question, so don't try to 'merge/code' them together.

Hope this answers your question.

• aecnu

Greetings Denishpatel,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the question but custom coding to include the suggested action are way beyond the scope of the support we provide here though we do try to help if we can.

I also agree that the member mysendoff indeed gave great advice thoguh if you want to pursue the matter alternatively you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.