How can I move Confirm Password: (label and input field) down to next line in my register form?

I am using TT login/register form for my multisite. Would like to move a "Confirm Password:" (label and input field) down to the next line in my login form.

It is stuck next to a line of text that makes readability tough: (Leave fields blank for a random password to be generated.)

Is there a way in css?
label password
input password_2

input password_1 is fine

I cannot find it in my register.php or login.php. Are passwords added to forms from an outside source? Are they called something like "meta"?

Thank you.

• MoniQ
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Faydra,

I isolated this code in register-shop.php, and added breaks to format where I could:

<h3><br /><?php printf( __( 'Get your own %s Membership Account in seconds.' ), $current_site->site_name ) ?></h3>
    	<form id=&quot;setupform&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; action=&quot;<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/register-shop/&quot;>
    		<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;stage&quot; value=&quot;validate-user-signup&quot; />
    		<?php do_action( 'signup_hidden_fields' ); ?>
    		<?php show_user_form($user_name, $user_email, $errors); ?>
    		<p>
    		<?php if ( $active_signup == 'blog' ) { ?>
    			<input id=&quot;signupblog&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;signup_for&quot; value=&quot;blog&quot; />
    		<?php } elseif ( $active_signup == 'user' ) { ?>
    			<input id=&quot;signupblog&quot; type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;signup_for&quot; value=&quot;user&quot; />
    		<?php } else { ?>
    			<br />
    			<input id=&quot;signupblog&quot; type=&quot;radio&quot; name=&quot;signup_for&quot; value=&quot;blog&quot; <?php echo $signup['blog'] ?> />
    			<label class=&quot;checkbox&quot; for=&quot;signupblog&quot;><?php _e('Create my ArtCommons Shop plus Member Account, so I can build my online business!') ?></label>
    			<br />
    			<input id=&quot;signupuser&quot; type=&quot;radio&quot; name=&quot;signup_for&quot; value=&quot;user&quot; <?php echo $signup['user'] ?> />
    			<label class=&quot;checkbox&quot; for=&quot;signupuser&quot;><?php _e('Setup my Member Account, so I can start in the Community Discussions.') ?></label>
    		<?php } ?>
    		</p>

I cannot isolate this text in any php page anywhere on my site, to add the breaks required to complete the formatting (refer to image):

"(Leave fields blank for a random password to be generated.)Confirm Password:
    (Type your new password again.)

Thank you.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there MoniQ

Thanks for your post.

I will see if we can define the width of the registration form and push the confirm option to the next line but for that we will need to have a closer look at the registration form.

Can you kindly provide me a link so that I can check accordingly ?

Cheers, PC

• MoniQ

Hello PC, the width of "setupform" is set to 100%, or 760px. Will this css help:

.wp-user-form {}
    	.username, .password, .login_fields {
    		margin: 7px 0 0 0;
    		overflow: hidden;
    		width: 100%;
    		}
    		.username label, .password label { float: left; clear: none; width: 25%; }
    		.username input, .password input {
    			font: 12px/1.5 "Lucida Grande", "Lucida Sans Unicode", Verdana, sans-serif;
    			float: left; clear: none; width: 200px; padding: 2px 3px; color: #777;
    			}

Thanks.

• MoniQ

I think it is this:

.custom_login {float:right;margin-left: 10px;}
    input[type="password"]{
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF !important;
        border: 1px solid #EEEEEE;
        padding: 5px 5px 6px;
    }

#setupform label { display: inline-block;min-width: 110px;}
  • faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

@MoniQ:

@PC was reading my mind. I was thinking that you could change the width of the table to force content to break to a different row, but I was hesitant to make that suggestion. For some reason, I thought that might not be the solution you were wanting to try, but I'm glad @PC did mention it. Shuckens, if it gets the thing working like you want, then that's really all that matters sometimes.

Faydra...

• MoniQ

Hello Faydra and PC, I fixed the issue. But have another.

I installed Theme Tailors "login.php" and "register-shop.php" pages.
    Installed "signup-password" and "remove-email-verification" plugins.

The line I was looking for is at the bottom of "signup-password.php". I added 2 breaks to solve formatting issue. Thank you.

Thank you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.