How can I move mp_product_meta so it "sits" below the product description and above additi

Hi there

I decided to dump WooCommerce on an ecommerce site I'm building for a client after trying MarketPress for the first time.

Anyway, I've pretty much gotten everything sorted but am having a problem with the product meta data. Specifically, I want to move it up so that it sits directly below the product description I've added and directly above some additional product images I've uploaded.

I can get the product meta data to move up where I want it - by changing clear: both to clear: none - but whenever I add images, it gets pushed down below them.

I've added images in a number of different ways - inserting directly into page, adding via the WP gallery function, and even trying a few plugins - and have done what I can with CSS to try to achieve the effect I'm after - to no avail.

I've searched the forum and on Google, but can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Can you please let me know what I need to do to solve my problem?

Many thanks

Dawson

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Dawson,

Welcome to the Forum!

Can you give me a link to the live page? I could check it with Firebug and let you know what needs to be changed.

To be honest am not really clear on your requirement, but am hoping when I see the link I would get it, if you could include a screenshot as well, that did rock!

Sorry for the extra trouble, but I will get it done for you once I get these :slight_smile:

• dawsonbarber
    • Flash Drive

Hi Arun

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I can't do a link to the page as the site is currently on a local server, so I've done a screenshot that hopefully illustrates what I need to do.

Basically, I want to add some product images to product pages and have price and add to cart sit directly below the product descriptions I type in.

I am able to move price and add to cart to the bottom of the description by setting mp_product_meta to clear: none, but whenever I add images (and no matter how) they are "forced" to the bottom and sit beneath the images.

It seems that it should be a pretty simple fix - as I would think that price and add to cart should be fairly mobile as they are so important - but I have been bashing my head against my desk for too long now to continue without asking for a lifeline.

Many thanks,

Dawson

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Note to @Aaron:

Hey Aaron, we are trying to move the Add to Cart stuff from the bottom of the post to a different location. This image can help:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-move-mp_product_meta-so-it-sits-below-the-product-description-and-above-additional-product-images?replies=7#post-194788

How do we do this? Which file handles that? I tried editing:
    framemarket\library\functions\marketpress.php

but no luck yet. Any pointers on how this page is handled would help.

• Aaron
    • CTO

All the way's you are inserting images are putting them inside the content. MP prints the meta stuff after the content.

Your options are to:
    Use css absolute or relative positioning to force say the wp gallery below the meta.

Create your own mp_product.php theme template to customize content and positions however you want. That requires some php knowledge however, as well as a way to choose those images somehow.

I think that in a future version I can add the ability to insert wherever you want in the content via a shortcode.

• dawsonbarber
    • Flash Drive

Hi Aaron and Arun

Thanks for your responses.

I have been using custom CSS with absolute positioning to do as you say.

I've gotten it looking the way I want, save for the few exceptions where there are featured images with different dimensions or if the gallery of images I'm adding to each page take up more than one line.

PHP is not my thing so I'm not even going to go there.

I would definitely love to have the ability to insert add to cart buttons via shortcode, so I'll be watching for future versions!

Many thanks

Dawson

• dawsonbarber
    • Flash Drive

Aaron

Wow! I sure didn't have to wait long to see the future version.

That's awesome. I'll be sure to share the news on a WP theme forum I'm fairly active on where people have been in search of a shopping cart plugin that will play nice with the theme (Catalyst) and offer the functionality they need.

I've updated and am playing around with the plugin now, which leads me to a question: is there any way to hide/remove the buy button that is added automatically?

It seems that no matter what I try, I can't get around two overlapping buy buttons on every page.

I know that I could add a class or an ID around the shortcode so that I can manipulate the button effects and positions, but I'd really rather just have one button on the page.

I've tried dropping the shortcode directly into a product page as well as dropping it into a custom hook box (which is what I'd prefer because the site is for a client) with custom CSS but continue to get two buttons.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Dawson

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.