How can I provide and activate the WPMU Dev dashboard plugin to my clients site?

I am an Gold member of WPMUDev and its says I can install and activate wpmudev dashboard plugin to maximum of 1k sites in total.

So one of my client just asked me one plugin and I gave him the copy of the plugin. But when he installed the plugin it asks to either register for a new API or to Login with the username password if you already have an account.

I just want my clients site to use WPMUDEV dashboard plugin and from there he can install all required plugin and can use support, so how can I do that.

Or is there a different way like first I have to add the site of my client to my dashboard and then he will be able to use or I should provide each of my clients to use the login details to make work the plugin?

Help me out here please.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@mbeneteau I’m afraid there has been a misunderstanding here…

You are our client.

Your clients are your clients.

We give our plugins and support to you, not your clients.

If you want, you (yourself) can install these plugins to any of your clients sites.

However, they are still your clients.

Your clients can’t have any sort of support from us… You can.

If they have any issues, they will be asking you for support.

If you don’t know the answer to their questions, you can seek support from us.

You cannot share your login information with any of them as that is a direct violation of our terms of agreement: https://premium.wpmudev.org/terms-of-service/#subs

Particularly the part that says

You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access, directly or indirectly.

I hope that makes it a bit more clear…

Cheers,

Ari.

• mbeneteau
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Then why it says you can have it upto 1k sites of yours, I mean you can install wpmudev dashboard to 1k sites of yours.

And how can I install plugins to my clients site using wpmudev dashboard plugin?

Do i need to install>activate the plugin to my clients site and then will put the login info and then will install the plugin?

or do I have to give my clients an plugin by downloading by myself as requested?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Then why it says you can have it upto 1k sites of yours, I mean you can install wpmudev dashboard to 1k sites of yours.

A site that someone else builds and I give them my WPMUDEV username and password surely does not qualify as my site!

I don’t see how that is confusing… It says you can install it on up to 1000 of your sites.

Cheers,

Ari.

• mbeneteau
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Right If I want to install the plugin to their site using WPMUdev dashboard plugin, How can I do that, I think for that I will have to enter my username and password to my clients site.

And after I install the plugins, I will disable the WPMUdev plugin to their site, Is that the way how should I do?

And after disabling or de-activating the plugin will it still be access or it will save my username and password, so that my client can access it.

• aristath
    • Recruit

@mbeneteau

This is the way developer usually develop sites for their clients:

First you build the site, then create a 2nd superadmin user (or if the client is not too tech-savvy, a user with restricted rights so that they don’t mess things up).

The WPMU-DEV Dashboard plugin should be added to your account, not the account you give to your users for their administration.

This way everyone’s happy and safe.

Cheers,

Ari.

• BePresence
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Guys I hope you are all doing great!

I think I totally understand the terms and being the developer and having only to install the dashboard to our clients etc…

I have only one question which I almost know the answer since you guys are awesome, but I still want to ask…

I created a website and I sell the website to several clients, I will offer a premium service to install the site, but if they don’t want my service I need to give them the snapshot plugin so they can do it by themselves with the instructions I’ll send them

I guess there’s no problem with that right?

Thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

I created a website and I sell the website to several clients, I will offer a premium service to install the site, but if they don’t want my service I need to give them the snapshot plugin so they can do it by themselves with the instructions I’ll send them

I guess there’s no problem with that right?

Yes, you can install the plugin on your client’s site.

However what you can’t do is give them access to your WPMUDEV account. So IF you install the WPMUDEV Dashboard for them so that they have updates etc, please make sure you add this line in the site’s wp-config.php file:

define(‘WPMUDEV_HIDE_BRANDING’, true);

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.